Thread: Still pictures have black borders on each side

1. Default Still pictures have black borders on each side

I have just purchased Sony Vegas Movie Studio 11. I previously used Version 7. Although I am not totally literate with the system (7) I was able to get by with a bit of trial and error and had no real problems producing my videos.
    Still pictures added to the timeline in Version 11 have a wide black border on each side. I have been successful in adjusting this using the Project Video Properties in the preview area. However, when I do this it causes the video picture to have a black border at the top and bottom.
    The settings in the Project Video Properties are: TEMPLATE: HD 1080-60i(1920 x 1080, 29.970fps) WIDTH: 1920 HEIGHT: 1080 FIELD ORDER: Upper Field First PIXEL ASPECT RATIO: 1.0000(Square) FRAME RATE: 29.970 (NTSC).
    Can you help with a solution to this problem.
    Thank you
    Tony Adnum

Open the pan/crop tool. Right click and select Match output aspect. This will crop the image to the correct aspect ratio but you might want to adjust the positioning to suite.

There should also be a setting in the properties that automatically adjusts the aspect ratio of images dropped on the time line

also remember that if you right click and copy the image that has been corrected, the right click on the next image and you can paste attributes to save repeating yourself.

4. Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Open the pan/crop tool. Right click and select Match output aspect. This will crop the image to the correct aspect ratio but you might want to adjust the positioning to suite.
    Thank you very much. Works fine. How simple