Thread: How do you create a file that plays certien time-lines in several video files?

Default How do you create a file that plays certien time-lines in several video files?

The question may be confusing so I'll explain...

"How do you create a file that plays certain time-lines in several video files?"

I once downloaded a whole series of an Anime series. About 12 episodes.
    The uploader had added a file that was recognizable by Windows Media Player (and prob all other MP).
    This file was not bigger than 1MB for sure, and the file had added all the 12 Episodes of Anime, and plays them all sequently without the pauses halfway thru or intros. The video file showed up to be about 5 hour long to.

So I figured, this must be some kind of file that adds all the chosen episodes, and you can choose what time-lines to play and not to play.

So etc, All these 12 episodes have openings. Because they all was aired on TV ones, so it starts with preview, and then the opening that I don't really wanna see every single time.
    This file made it look like an movie that was 5 hours long, but it just played all the episodes from 1 to 12, and there was no previews or opening, no ending.
    I asked a friend, he thought the guy had just used a Video editor like Adobe Premiere or Windows Movie Maker, and removed all the openings and endings etc, and created on big file.
    This was incorrect. The uploader had all the Episodes separately with opening and endings. But it inlc this special file that would play it all like one Loooong movie.

Does ANYONE know of this kind of file or if this is even possible? I cannot be mistaken. I remember this file clearly. I thought it was very neat and I would like to use it for my uploads or edit my anime I want to watch.
    If you do know it please tell me about it and how I can do this
    Thank you

2. Default

I'm sorry but you mean a 5 hours movie was about just 1MB ?! I think this is so wierd.
    I'v seen that uploaders murge movies or songs for i don't know why! but i think it's natural that the episodes hadn't opening or ending.

Quote Originally Posted by spido View Post
    I'm sorry but you mean a 5 hours movie was about just 1MB ?! I think this is so wierd.
    I'v seen that uploaders murge movies or songs for i don't know why! but i think it's natural that the episodes hadn't opening or ending.

No, it's a file that uses all the other episodes files and plays them but it have removed the openings endings and middlepart pause (This is probably somethign you configure) and the little 1mb file plays all the episodes after words makin it look like an 5hour long movie. since all the episodes are put together.
    The episodes are in normal size like 300mb 720p 22min.

How????! :o

4. Default

When you play the movies with another program do they have opening and ending?
    maybe this program you are runing recognizes the main movie from other parts but you can see opening and ending by using the source file!

Still noone has any idea? Really?? :(

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio77 View Post
    Still noone has any idea? Really?? :(
    I suspect the small file did not actually include the video. It was probably a batch/scripted system which enabled Movie Player to request the streams from a suitable media server, in a particular order.

Quote Originally Posted by TimAndrews View Post
    I suspect the small file did not actually include the video. It was probably a batch/scripted system which enabled Movie Player to request the streams from a suitable media server, in a particular order.
    EXACTLY!
    That's what I've have been saying all the time. Thank you though for your better explanation with a wider vocabulary.
    I'm not sure what you said is 100% Correct but sure something like that seems to be the case.

I've said several times that this "file" plays all the other files and chooses not to play certain streams or time-lines as I've called it.

Some sort of script, code that execute the Episodes files and coded what streams to play. And I played this file with WMP. And the stream time was about 4-5 hours. 12episodes times 20min is about that long.
    But the files are gone because I have a new CPU, I am trying to find it.

Does anyone know if this is possible to make with a video editing program or player program?
    Last edited by Cornholio77; 01-22-2012 at 02:35 PM.

Perhaps it was a playlist that pointing to the relevant video files on the Internet (and their choice of starting and ending times).
    Perhaps it used Microsoft's ASF system: Overview of the ASF Format (Windows)
    But, I think the same effect could have been had by any number of other Microsoft scripting systems. I suspect it can even be done in Powerpoint

Quote Originally Posted by TimAndrews View Post
    Perhaps it was a playlist that pointing to the relevant video files on the Internet (and their choice of starting and ending times).
    Perhaps it used Microsoft's ASF system: Overview of the ASF Format (Windows)
    But, I think the same effect could have been had by any number of other Microsoft scripting systems. I suspect it can even be done in Powerpoint
    Any tutorials on this that shows how you can do it or is it a coding system thats hard? -.-