Thread: Fastest(with Quality) Way To Add Watermark To Videos

Default Fastest(with Quality) Way To Add Watermark To Videos

Hi all, i have question to experienced video/watermarking users. Which software does provide the fastest way of adding a simple-text(logo/title)/watermark to the complete duration of a video, without causing for any audio/video out of sync problem and quality loss? I have used the VideoRedo program recently to cut unwanted parts of a video and save it without audio/video out of sync problems. Is it possible to put watermark with VideoRedo or a software that has same functions like VideoRedo?

2. Default

Well as far as I know when you add a title or an effect to a movie the movie must be rendered, means effects has to be processed. In this case when you render a movie it will lose some quality. The reason why the program you were working with does not add any effect and you just cut the movie it doesnt render the movie. So there is no program that add title without needing any rendering. There are some editing programs that have interesting and beautiful titles with motion and fonts and ... like Adobe After Effects, Final Cut Pro, and some simpler programs which can do the same. I hope it helps.

3. Default

I agree. Final Cut Pro is a great program if you are using a mac. I suggest Corel VideoStudio if you are using PC. If you are going for the best quality, I would suggest After Effects. I would render the watermark on alpha and then put onto the timeline of your main editing software to save memory. Rendering video on After Effects takes a lot of storage space on your Hard Drive, so try make sure you have sufficient memory.

Do I understand you want a feint "Copyright" notice throughout the vid?

If so, it's easy in Vegas Studio (one of the cheapest Pro-like Editors, IMHO) - create a text frame, drag it onto a Text channel on the timeline (you can add a new one for this purpose) and stretch it from beginning to end. Then back in the Text Editing window adjust the transparency and colour. It will stay there throughout the vid.
    However, if it moves it might be less annoying, so you can revert to the basic Text frame and use the Pan facility with keyframing to make it drift over the screen. When that's OK, stretch it to the end of the vid. the Pan will be repeated as though scrolling. You may want to have quite a lengthy initial frame so the scroll is quite slow.

I have done this when I wanted feedback from the recipient - they can't do much with the vid and have your contact details to hand (on the screen). From memory the transparency was about 95% - I don't think it affects the "quality" but if it produces a "sale" then it's worth it.

It's surprising that such a simple feature isn't built-in, possibly with a colour compliment option so the message stands out whatever the colour of the vid. Of course most home-movie folks don't want it, but for those that do light-commercial . . . .

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by vidmanners View Post
    It's surprising that such a simple feature isn't built-in, possibly with a colour compliment option so the message stands out whatever the colour of the vid. Of course most home-movie folks don't want it, but for those that do light-commercial . . . .
    But it does - you just described it!
    Tim