Thread: Struggling with Vegas sizing!

1. Default Struggling with Vegas sizing!

I'm struggling with the sizing method of Vegas Pro 11.0. I need my clips to be the best quality, yet can't quite work out how to achieve this.

The site in which I need to submit says that the clips should be between 200-500MB, yet mine seem to only be between 2-3MB!!
    I am saving as a .MOV, and trying to set up for the best, but I must be overlooking something. I am new to this program, and I appreciate I have a lot to get through, however I need to get these off, so time is of the essence.
    The movies are between 5 and 30 seconds each, and I am not editing anything but length.

The original files ARE between the requested sizes, but seem to reduce when rendered.

Where am I screwing this up???

Many thanks,

Last edited by Horseysi; 01-14-2012 at 12:59 AM.

2. Default

I just found out the problem. I am, however, too embarrassed to tell you all what it was!

But any advice is always welcome...

Go on tell us. we won't laugh

Smalltown, Queensland

I'll guess you had 'save only selected' turned on and got about 15 frames? Or your output res was 120x80 for a test render?

I did the res thing once by mistake, but of course then realised that it's a quick way to do a test render for things like making sure audio is syncing - so as long as you learn from your mistakes eh?

5. Default

Actually I did have 'save only selected' on, but it was selected about 300 frames away from the clip, and about 10frames long!

Once I noticed this, swore a bit, kicked the dog and questioned my knowledge database, I fixed it, and all seems to be well...

Thanks for the replies.