Thread: Have a TM900.......Need 2 more camcorders, what to buy

Default Have a TM900.......Need 2 more camcorders, what to buy

I have a Panasonic TM900 and find it a great camcorder, i have a little contract to do reviews of a days racing (6 x 20 min races) This involves me needing 3 camcorders, i find the battery life to be 1hr 20mins roughly, i found this site for a battery Replacement for Panasonic VW-VBN130, VBN130, VW-VBN260, VW-VBN260E, VW-VBN260E-K Camcorder Battery (Remaining Battery Life Display Function, 2500mAh) [BLVPSVBN260] - £35.99 : UK battery locator, Laptop Batteries, Digital Camera Battery, Camcorder Bat What would peoples opinions be on that battery. Also should i buy another 2 TM900's or should i buy something like the Panasonic HDC - MDH1 which to people id be shooting for would look easier to the eye. Im dont really know what to do to be honest, only issue is battery life with the TM900 which is easy fixed. Also i need rain covers, which makes me wonder will the TM900 be ok in damp conditions once properly covered etc............. Here is some sample video from the tm900, please excuse my editing as its not the best but i have someone to edit my future video's i will be doing. And almost forgot it will be car racing i will be covering.......................Sample video from the tm900 30-12-11 / Drift Practice / Mondello Park - YouTube one more 04/12/2011 M.E.C. Sprint @ Mondello - YouTube

" i have a little contract to do reviews of a days racing"
    Is this one event contract you have secured? Or is it a contract to do multiple events over the next year?

If it's a single day shoot, Hire in the cameras, See if client likes the end result and if he likes it, Great, Keep hiring them in, But if he turns around and goes "Sorry I hate it, Never hiring you again" Then you've not bought a load of extra kit just for one client...