Thread: Parks and Rec opening Sequence

Default Parks and Rec opening Sequence

Hi guys, I'm new here so I hope I put this question in the right place and its ok to ask. I would like to make an opening sequence spoofing "Parks and Recreation," not unlike the Community of Jabba ones seen on Youtube. Here are the original credits:

Parks and Recreation Season 3 Opening Credits - YouTube

I can use either Final Cut or iMovie, but I could probably get a hold of other software through some friends. Does anyone know how this is made or could point me in the right direction?

Thanks!
    C

It's just split screen work. Quite complicated split screen work but if you know the basics you should be able to work it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    It's just split screen work. Quite complicated split screen work but if you know the basics you should be able to work it out.
    I've not done a lot of split-screen work myself, but I bet I could figure it out. So you're saying that this would be possible on Final Cut, I just have to figure it out?

That's about the long and the short of it. It looks quite complicated but FCP is well capable of producing it. There are lots of elements going on like keyframing the movements. Just don't ask me how to do it because I don't use FPC.

5. Default

Final Cut is a headache to do split screen stuff in, especially with the movements needed as shown in the reference clip.

If possible, try and do it in Adobe After Effects for a much smoother and better workflow.

Ok, I've not really delt with this stuff before so I'll try to explore both software. This might be a really dumb question, but there aren't any templates online are there? I've searched, not found anything. I'm wondering if the people who recreated the sequence for Community and Star Wars built their own or found another way.

Use Motion, preferably Motion 4. I'd create each 2d element and arrange them, then animate and add corrective masks to create perfect edges then use a 2D camera and navigate around the previously animated elements.