Thread: Making a Hi8 tape for an airline

Default Making a Hi8 tape for an airline

I have these three welcome videos my customer wants to play when they arrive at certain military bases. I'm using Premier CS5 (I've also tried Sony Vegas) and a Sony Digital8 recorder to put them on Hi8 tapes. The airline is using a Sony Trans Com EVP 90 for playback. When they try to play them on their plane all they get is a black screen with the white film scratches like they've reached the end of the video. This is driving me crazy! I can watch their movies just fine on my equipment. Any ideas what could be causing this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Blog Entries

It sounds like they are trying to play Hi8 tapes on a player set for normal 8.

Oh man! I didn't even think of that. I was so busy with other tasks I was just throwing the video to tape and then banging my head on the wall when it wasn't playing for them. Thank you for your help!