Thread: Help!!!! Can't import my Panasonic HVX200a into Studio 14HD

Default Help!!!! Can't import my Panasonic HVX200a into Studio 14HD

I just got a new (to me) camera and theis is the first time I'm trying to edit video with it. I have it conneced via firewire.....It recognizes my camera but it says, "failed to get video from device" I tried rebooting my computer and that didn't work. I can't get any help from Avid/Pinnacle support because I can't find my disc. Any suggestions????

Please email me directly at tvcamgrl@aol.com

Thanks in advance

Marnie

Are you trying to capture from the tape or copy the files. If it's capture the tape read the manual it says on a PC you have to do this via USB (I know that's really odd but that's how it works on a PC) you can use the Firewire if it's on to a Mac. Now here is the really silly part, you have to have the Firewire plugged in for your software to see the camera. This means you have to have Firewire AND USB connected to your PC at the same time. Thanks Panasonic for being really odd.

Ok, so now I have both wires plugged in and it still doesn't work. I am using a PC and I want my files that were recorded onto my P2 cards.

Alright that's a totally different thing. You just copy all the contents of the card into a folder on your hard drive using Windows explorer. Don't miss the small text file in the root folder of the card. Have you checked that Pinnacle can play the .mxf files.

There is a menu setting which needs to be right for the above to work. Press menu and select "Other settings" scrole down to PC mode and make sure "USB DEVICE" is selected. I presume you know about the push button on the back of the camera to put it into PC mode. Push it once and the little light will move to "MCR/VCR" then press it and hold it down until the light moves to "PC/DUB". If you have a USB lead plugged in and have set USB DEVICE, you computer will now see the P2 card.

To take it out of PC/DUB you have to turn the camera off.
    Last edited by Midnight Blue; 01-10-2012 at 02:23 PM.

That didn't work either. Someone on a different site said that my camera doesn't work with Studio/Pinnacle. Is that correct? I would hate to have to buy a new editing software.

When you say that didn't work, are you saying that you can't copy the files from the P2 card onto your hard drive through Windows Explorer ? Is it that Windows doesn't see your camera?

I don't know if Pinnacle can cope with video shot with a HVX200. I would suspect that might be the case, you would have to check with Pinnacle. I made the move from Pinnacle to Sony Vegas when I got my HVX200 and I've never looked back.