Thread: Stop motion problems

Default Stop motion problems

I have Pinnacle Studio 15 Ultimate, and have watched all the video tutorials carefully. Thinking that it would be fun to make a stop motion video, I connected my camera (Canon Legria HFR27) via the USB connection to my laptop. The problem is that the computer only recognises the camera when the camera is set to "Playback" mode. In other words, when the camera is set to "Camera" mode the only images I get on screen are those from the laptop's built-in webcam. I am therefore unable to construct a stop motion movie.
    Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Shoot the video in the camera then bring it into your editing software. Then use the software to speed up the video.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Shoot the video in the camera then bring it into your editing software. Then use the software to speed up the video.
    Thank you for the suggestion. However, according to the Pinnacle tutorial, you are supposed to be able to hook up the camera to the laptop, then on the laptop screen you can look at the picture being received through the camera and capture one frame at a time as you create the stop motion movie. Do you think it would make a difference if I hooked up via firewire rather than USB? They mention firewire in the Pinnacle written instructions, but not in the video tutorials.

I'm sorry I'm not familiar with your camera. I know I use to have to change a menu setting in my old Panasonic to be able to use it like you want to. I only had a Firewire in that camera.