Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need some help!!!!! very annoying!

Default Need some help!!!!! very annoying!

Alright guys! proper need some help at the moment. I watched a video on YouTube a while back about this thing on Sony Vegas and it enables you to manually leave a trail of photos behind you in a video whilst you are moving. I'm afraid that's the best i can describe it. It looks really good using it on skiers as they go over jumps when someone is recording stood still next to the ramp. I have been looking to find the name or a tutorial for this and had no luck in a WHOLE week. If anyone can help that would be brilliant, cheers for your time, George.

Is this the sort of thing you mean. Effect at 26 seconds.

The only way I've found to do this is very time consuming, were you mask the moving object and layer it on different tracks. I'd be interested to know if there is an easy way of doing it.

That's the one! The video that I saw was smooth and at normal speed without the pictures behind fading. If anyone knows what it's called or know of any tutorials about it please let me know. Cheers for the help midnight, very helpful, can't thank you enough.

I found the video I was first thinking of It's Ok Go - WTF.

It can't be done in Sony Vegas but HERE is a tutorial on how to do it in After Effects.
    Last edited by Midnight Blue; 01-09-2012 at 12:51 AM.

Isn't there an easier way?

(am I right in thinking those stills came from the moving image?- if not then ignore the following.

Take a few frames from the sequence and make each one a separate "Still" - Vegas Studio can do this.
    Put these frames separately into a photo-package...e.g. Paint Shop Pro. using the lasso tool remove the background (and you may need to strengthen the image to make it look like a sharp photo), and then Save as (dot)png file which has a transparent background. Name these frames to avoid confusion.
    Import these frames into the Editor, adjusting the number of frames for each clip so you see each still picture, but having a transparent background, the rest of the Vid will continue.

I'm guessing this is what you want to achieve.

Of course, it would be far easier (achieving better quality) if you had a DSLR set to take say five fps - these images would be much sharper; but then you do need two cameras.

So is there no way of removing the background from the image in sony vegas?

Yes, there are a few ways depending on what the background is. If it's one solid colour you could use the Chroma Keyer tool. If it's solid black or white use the compositing modes. If it's a jumble of all sorts you would have to mask it out. This is true of all editing software. It all depends on the type of image and what you want to do with it that determines which way you go. If you want to do the echo effect then get your hands on After Effects as that is the quickest and easiest way to do it. Always use the right tool for the job, while you can hammer a nail with a screwdriver, it is made for a different purpose.

Before i read your reply i tried using the Chroma Keyer tool for a background that all sorts of different colours on, this was the disasterous result...
    trying to leave pictures behind - YouTube

I would get after effects but its very expensive and i'm going to have to svae up and get it in the future, cheers for the reply again!!

Chroma keying only works for one colour backgrounds like green/blue screens so there's a lesson you have learned, this is good, you know not to try that again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast