Thread: Bring Me To Life: cover + music video under CC

Cool Bring Me To Life: cover + music video under CC

Dear all,

here's another music video I have done for our last acoustic cover: "Bring me To Life". Most of the footage is coming from Creative Commons licensed footage (CC BY NC SA) - so that video is also under CC BY NC SA - note that the music is not under CC. Any comment welcome!

Xavier

The problem with doing a critique of a video like this is knowing what you did and what was already done. I like the original song and thought this was an interesting arrangement but lacked the passion of the original.

I've never watched the music video for the original.

I think a lot of shots, over-used, I've seen the camera going into the eye 4 times.

But I liked the under- water footage, made it a bit edgy.

I think the chorus band shot stopped me from watching any further , I think it could have improved drastically if you took the band into a non- live venue and got them to
    play that chorus line, Then go camera crazy, get shots of everything, fingers on fret-board, shot of backing vox going NUTS into the mic.

Just my few cents, hope this is useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    The problem with doing a critique of a video like this is knowing what you did and what was already done. I like the original song and thought this was an interesting arrangement but lacked the passion of the original.
    I understand: actually most of the work I did on this one (except song performance, recording and mixing) was assembling the already existing video parts. Sources can be found there: source for Bring Me To Life on Vimeo . The challenge here was to find CC visuals that match the song theme and atmosphere, match them as if they were part of the same project from the beginning, and organize them along the song. I also had some bad footage from the band live (no other shots unfortunately) which I wanted to include to create a link between the images and the performers.

The original song is great - here we had a constraint to do an unplugged version, which is quite a challenge to render a song which has some strong rock parts (I love that guitar in the original one.) Also her voice is kind of "haunting" - I could not do it the same way. But here's the link to some project I did 3 years ago, where I think you will find more passion: Ordinary Pop: Can't See Myself (a Vampire's tale) - YouTube - obviously that video was also more work...

Quote Originally Posted by Bpotter908 View Post
    I think the chorus band shot stopped me from watching any further , I think it could have improved drastically if you took the band into a non- live venue and got them to play that chorus line, Then go camera crazy, get shots of everything, fingers on fret-board, shot of backing vox going NUTS into the mic.
    Thanks BPotter. Actually you are totally correct; like i was explaining above that "live" shot from the band is not good at all! When we get into a project for an original song (not a cover), I will to make sure to invest time for such shots.

That's more like it. I knew you had it in you. You just need the right vehicle. I like that you are constantly trying new things. I remember you back to black cover which I liked.

Keep it up.