Thread: Where can I get a Hard disk drive camcorder in the UK please?

Question Where can I get a Hard disk drive camcorder in the UK please?

I want to upgrade my Sony DCR-SR32 which is forty GB to a better model. I am looking for a handy cam which has optical zoom. I am not fussed about HD, am either looking at the Panasonic or JVC. I live in the UK so recommendations should be in the UK. I have seen the JVC GZ-MG750BEK Everio HDD on Amazon, but I don't know how good it is, or if it can do M-Peg 2 or if it comes supplied with a USB cable as it doesn't say.

I went into Comet and the assistant said all they do is SD card based camcorders, so I would have to buy a very expensive SD card to use it, which would probably fail short of what I want to film. I go to Cornwall a lot and I'm always using it there. Please can you advise me please?
    Many thanks for your help

SD Cards are not expencive for example I googled SD card and clicked on the first link it came up with this 32Gb cards for 21.97 and that is for a class 10 card. Most camcorders have moved over to solid memory based recording but there are some mini DV tape camcorders that can be gotten for a good price. I can not recommend any camera in the price range of the Everio. As for hard disk camcorders well I never used one.
    Last edited by Midnight Blue; 01-04-2012 at 07:11 PM.

Blog Entries

I have four 16gb SD cards, which provide ample footage time (i just keep te spare ones in a pocket or wallet). It also means you're not reliant on the hard drive failing. How much space do you need?

almost all reliable retailers can be found on google shop search, amazon, ebay, and other shop search engines.

SD is really catching up with HDD for video, hdd is good for very long runs, like 7/10/20 hours of filming without changing SD cards and going to a PC, else you would just be changing a memory card once every hour or 2. SD is consumes less energy too.