Thread: How bad are my videos. (advices, tips, and critics are welcome)

Default How bad are my videos. (advices, tips, and critics are welcome)

I live in Cuba, internet is illegal and when you have a connection is 3kbs so is impossible to have reference of otherīs people work. I want to know how i am doing from the shooting and editting point of view. I bough my 550d, 18-270mm, 50 f1.8 a year ago and I have been making these videos. (all the videos in that channel are mine)Thanks to everyone in advance.

[Other videos deleted]

[Sorry, EeDobarganes - ONE video per thread please, or the comments don't make sense.]
    Last edited by TimStannard; 01-02-2012 at 04:18 PM.

Surrey, UK
    Blog Entries

It think you have an eye for some good shots and have a lot of potential in putting together a good montage.

Unfortunately neither the "arty" shots, nor the fast-cut editing work with the wobbly shots. I'd love to see the whole thing again but with stable shots.

I didn't like the rapid succession fades through black at the start - a transition such as that is normally used to signify a change in place or time, but here it does neither.

Nevertheless, I think you did a good job of injecting a feeling of excitement into what has teh potential to be a rather boring subject.

i look forward to watching your others if you post each in a searate thread.

I felt it could have done with a bit more of a narrative - which is quite easy with a train journey.

The other thing I think could have been improved was the cutting from one shot to a slightly closer one - I'd have made the difference greater as the small amount you use looks like a jump cut.

I don't mind the fade to black transition but not used so much together. The problem I have with this is the fast cuts all the way through. I doesn't give the viewer time to take in the images. Some of which looked very good. I also had a problem with cutting from one shot to a very similar shot.

I loved the cut at around 0:19 of the guy in the red top.

i liked it .... must have taken a week to upload at 3kbs

Funnily enough, I like it too. I'm normally the sworn enemy of wobbly shots, but these just add to the quirkyness of the soundtrack and the mood, which I think you nailed spot on.
    My opinions are just that . . . Mine. It's not personal, but is based on my emotional and professional reaction to requested critique. If you choose to ignore constructive comments, I'll just assume you're a vanity poster and not posting to improve your filming and editing skills.

Ex A.P.V Videomaker of the year - Ex M.M. IOV Come join my EXclusive club