Thread: Basement Cowboys

christhewei Guest

Default Basement Cowboys

Hey guys this is a video i submitted for this technology competition at my school that i did with my friends, and i won! I just wanted to share it and plz know im still learning so i did my best, i also added some sucky vfx, but im still learning :P Anyways plz tell me wut u think of it. You can also check out more on my Youtube Channel: ChristheWei

Great effort. I liked the humour.
    I also liked the fact that you shot from lots of different camera angles and gae us a mix of wide shots and close ups to help maintain interest.

A couple of things to be careful of in the future:

1. Try to ensure the camera is level - (look for vertical lines like door frames etc)
    2. Look up the "180 degree rule", which basically says that if you shoot from one side of a conversation between two people you shouldn't cut directly to a shot from the other side (if you were actually there watching, you couldn't suddenly jump to the other side) It makes people look like they've changed places.
    Tim

It's better than a lot of videos posted by people of your age group. I like the line about what sort of water, the wet sort. Like Tim said a nice variaty of shots. I'm not sure why you had a tripod (under the fish) but didn't use it.

Godd job.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I'm not sure why you had a tripod (under the fish) but didn't use it.
    Because then ther'd be nothing to support the fish?
    Tim

Good point.

christhewei Guest

haha thx guys. Let me explain the tripod. I brought it over when we were going to film but then we were like "oh we probably don't rly need it" so we iddn't use it and i totally forgot to move the tripod out of the scene :P a little bit of my lazyness went into that.