I'm in a pickle. I am trying to decide between a couple of options for a budget HD Camcorder.

On the one hand there is the Crocolis Extreme Cam, a respectable looking Chinese made action cam. From reviews I have seen it takes excellent quality footage include wide angle lens plus superb timelapse. Unfortunately, it doesn't record well in the dark and the sound is rubbish. While the sound issue is workable, I don't know if a camcorder modelling light will be enough to cope with filming in low light conditions. I want to film outdoors and go hiking etc but I also record local gigs in pubs and clubs. I obviously have a budget to stick to (150)

I found a thorough review on this cam here: Crocolis HD Extreme Cam - A review - YouTube

The other choice is the JVC EVERIO which is obviously a good allrounder: JVC Everio GZ-HM301BEK Full HD Camcorder - Black | Dixons |

I'm wondering which you reckon would be a better choice. Obviously the JVC will work well in light and dark and 40x optical zoom is impressive.

Any advice or opinions on the subject welcome.