Thread: New York City and New Jersey - Canon T3i short

Default New York City and New Jersey - Canon T3i short

So I was in NYC and NJ for a day and collected all this footage to put it into a short film. Sorry for all the jerky pans as I don't have a fluid head tripod. This is also my first time using this camera, so please no harsh comments, but all constructive criticism is accepted!

Don't forget to go to it and Thumbs up it if you enjoyed it!

Nice. I was quite intrigued how the new T3i performs.
    Anyways thanks for the clip.

___
    Jeremiah
    Videographer NYC

Yeah man, no problem

Is it some sort of rule that nearly every shot starts out of focus. I thought that's why we edit our videos.

If you re-edit taking out the duff shots this could be a nice video.

Haha yeah, I guess I wasn't thinking clearly when I was editing, especially at the end. I'll make sure to keep it minimal on the out of focus :P

Blog Entries

I was going to say the same as Midnight, but I cound't bring myself to in this season of goodwill. A little can be a good thing too much is ... well too much. There was one shot which started out of focus and gradually came into focus (as most did) then went rapidly out of focus before cuttin g to the next shot. Not so good.
    Another thing to avoid is panning/tiltng back and forth as you did in the opening shot.
    Even though it begins out of focus you start with a slow tilt up and then tilt down again. The reason this shouldbe avoided. much like coming into focus then out again, is it feels to the viewer like going backwards. You've started them on a journey and then retrace the steps.

Also check the camera is level. Sometimes you can get away with it but the shot at 1:21, although not far out, looks really tilted.
    Tim

Thanks, I'll be sure to avoid the out of focus so much.
    I was also in a rush so that might've been the reason of the bad tilting, although I could've edited in post production. Thanks for the feedback!

What music was that. I like it and I have heard it in other test shot videos. Anyways I could have done without the focus deal. Otherwise well done.

im usually a bit more open than some of the others on here to these arty type shots but even i thought the out of focus stuff was a little over done .

Love the shot of the bridge and city scape backdrop from 1.58.

images worked well with your choice of music too.

Quote Originally Posted by shades View Post
    What music was that. I like it and I have heard it in other test shot videos. Anyways I could have done without the focus deal. Otherwise well done.
    Thanks Song: Donkeyboy - Broke My Eyes
    Quote Originally Posted by enc View Post
    im usually a bit more open than some of the others on here to these arty type shots but even i thought the out of focus stuff was a little over done .

Love the shot of the bridge and city scape backdrop from 1.58.

images worked well with your choice of music too.
    Haha yeah, after re-watching my video, I just hate myself for having all those out of focus shots :P
    And thanks, if you're interested, song is by Donkeyboy - Broke My Eyes