Thread: Need some help

Default Need some help

Hi all, hope you all had a great xmas

I have a question and Im hoping to find the answer on this forum, I'll try to explain it as clearly as I can.

I am making a presentation for my company, the video recording is of the moon in the night sky,

now the camera zooms into the moon, zooms out, and moves left and right

What I want to do is place some text on to the moon so it looks like the text is built on the surface of the moon, the graphics and getting the text to look as if its built on the moon isnt the problem, the problem is fixing the position of the text onto the surface of the moon...

What im doing at the moment is I have the video on the timeline, then I create another layer onto which I paste the text, but the syncronization between the moon and the text is not fixed, the moon moves left right, in and out of the screen, whilst the text remains motionless, is there a way to attach the text on to the surface of the moon somehow to it moves along with the movement of the camera?

Im using flash cs3 at the moment, but any recommendations or a tip pointing in the right direction would be grateful, even if you could tell me if there is a specific name for the effect that I am trying to achieve

Thanks in advance

What you're looking for is motion tracking. I use Adobe After Effects which works really well, or you can do it manually in any non linear editing software, but motion tracking in after effects is much easier.

If you using final cut studio then you can use Motion. Check out AppleShakGuru on YouTube for a good tutoria!

Okay Iv done some basics of motion tracking overnight, thanks for pointing me in the right directions.

Here is what I am trying to achieve.

Please visit this youtube video Canon Powershot SX30 IS -140X Moon Zoom Test - YouTube

and this is a still shot I just quickly edited in fireworks to show you the effect I am trying to achieve

http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/3148/motion.png

As you can see in the video, some parts of the moon go out of screen in some shots and the camera also zooms in and out of the moon, so I need the word "Business" and "logo" to increase and decrease in size in proportion with the moons size ( camera zooming in and out ) whilst remaining at the exact point on the moon ( as if the word "business" was built on the surface of the moon

Which tutorial might help me? or if someone would be kind enough to explain how to do this, it would be greatly appreciated

Many thanks
    Last edited by twim; 12-28-2011 at 04:43 PM.

I think you're going to have to do that by eye, I don't think there's any automated way of achieving that, you'll have to keyframe the scale of the writing relative to the size of the moon. It may take some trial and error but basically you want to scale the writing to the size you want it, move a few frames to the right and scale it up or down so it's about the right size.

I agree with martchap. There isnt a way of achieving that. But as he said it will take some trial and error. It did for me.
    www.mwoolerymedia.com