Thread: Sultry, natural Christmas video - Have Yourself A Merry One

Starkville, MS

Default Sultry, natural Christmas video - Have Yourself A Merry One

This is my third video. I think maybe I'm getting better? I dunno, I'll let you be the judge of that. I run a pretty fly-by-night operation as far as videos are concerned. Made this in a couple days with minimal effort and yet it turned out quite nice in my humble opinion. As always, constructive critiques are welcome.

Surrey, England

Hi there,

I really liked this. Before I get onto the actual video though, can I ask if this lady is a professional singer? I love her voice, and my wife who is into beautiful voices such as Sarah McLachlan and Jewel also thinks she has a great voice. If she's not doing something with it, then she bloody well should be!

Anyway, the video. Please bear in mind I am a complete beginner, so I can only really give you feedback from a viewer’s point of view.

I liked the intro with the lights, the shot down at the singer’s feet and her initial smile was warming. The close-up of the singers face, with the living room & the Christmas tree gave an intimate feeling yet the guitarist seemed to be in an empty room somewhere else. I didn’t like the shots of the guitarist for that reason.

I would have liked to have seen him sitting near the singer, with some shots of both him & her. In an ideal world, the song and beautiful voice along with the low lighting are crying out for an open fire.

I really like it all the same though. Well done!

A lovely song, sung beautifully. Please learn to white balance the camera it will make your videos look better. If you Google rule of thirds to get a handle on the framing this would also help.

I think the strong performance helps to pull the video through a lot of the technical faults.

A very Merry Christmas to you.
    Last edited by Midnight Blue; 12-23-2011 at 09:58 PM.