Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help please!!

1. Default Need help please!!

Hiya,

I've recently acquired a HD PVR to record gameplay footage and have downloaded the trial version of Vegas Pro 11. I'm having some problems here... Basically, whenever I open my gameplay footage on Vegas, it automatically zooms into the top left corner of the original video (1/3 of the original footage). Strange, because as I was recording it on the HD PVR, it was showing a normal screen with standard dimensions (1280 x 720 at 720p). The same goes for window's media player. However, as soon as I move the footage onto Vegas, the problem arises. I can't zoom out of it either. I was wondering whether you'd run into the same issue early in your youtube career. Before this, I tried recording in 420p (with dimensions 720 x 480), and had no such issues with Vegas, bar the video quality, obviously. Not really sure what I can do now, so any help would be appreciated.

And yes, I made sure to match the video properties before rendering; like I said, I had no such issues when recording in 420p. Thanks
    Last edited by Goodboybad; 12-22-2011 at 08:04 PM.

Are you saying that the preview window is filled with just the top left corner of the video or that this is what happens after you have rendered or both. This is a new one on me. Can you supply a screen shot of Vegas too study. Is you graphics driver up to date ?

3. Default

Thanks for replying The preview window is filled with just the top left corner of the video as shown below:

However, this only happens when I import footage at 720p or higher. Earlier today, I had no such problems importing and editing videos at 480p. I haven't made any fundamental changes to the software or my hardware...in fact, just seconds after having this problem, I tried importing a 480p video (using the same settings) and it had normal zoom, just like earlier.

I might have found the problem. If you right click the preview window and make sure the tick box next to scale video to fit preview window is ticked. If this isn't the problem I can only think it is some sort of conflict with the graphics driver.
    Last edited by Midnight Blue; 12-23-2011 at 06:23 PM.

5. Default

I already had that box checked. I toyed around with all the settings I thought were relevant with no luck... No matter what I do, only the top left portion of the video appears on Vegas. At all times.

Is there anything I can do to alleviate this problem? Anything I could try? Even if it's a longshot. If not, is there any other software I can try? I have no need for editing at the moment...I just want to merge a pre-recorded audio file with a video clip captured by my HD PVR for Youtube. Nothing fancy.
    Last edited by Goodboybad; 12-22-2011 at 08:03 PM.

6. Default

Please bear in mind the fact that, when I view the footage on Window's Media Player and TotalMedia Extreme 2, it has perfectly normal zoom. The issue only occurs on Vegas.

Try recording (from the HD PVR Software) in m2ts format.
    COMPAQ something or other with 500Gb Boot Disk, 1Tb external Firewire Disk, 4Gb Memory and a super duper sound card, 19" TFT Monitor etc etc etc
    Sony TRV33e : Sony TRV310e : Canon XM2
    Sony Vegas Studio editions to v11

Remember, there is always more to learn than there is to teach.

8. Default

Thanks for the suggestion. Saving my footage in m2ts format (despite it coming from the xbox) solved this problem but created another, unfortunately. Now, Sony Vegas crashes every time I try to render a video in m2ts format.

Worth checking the driver version on your PVR Kit.
    COMPAQ something or other with 500Gb Boot Disk, 1Tb external Firewire Disk, 4Gb Memory and a super duper sound card, 19" TFT Monitor etc etc etc
    Sony TRV33e : Sony TRV310e : Canon XM2
    Sony Vegas Studio editions to v11

Remember, there is always more to learn than there is to teach.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by purejammy View Post
    Worth checking the driver version on your PVR Kit.
    ?

Sorry man, but I'm not tech savvy. Can you tell me exactly what I need to do please?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast