Thread: Problem capturing with ION VCR 2 PC

Default Problem capturing with ION Video 2 PC

Hi, I'm hoping you guys can help me. Having read some good reviews I've recently bought ION's Video 2 PC capture box, which transfers from scart / RCA to my usb port and is bundled with EZ Video Convertor, and I'm using it to back up some VHS tapes. I have a few problems.

When I capture a neutrally lit live action show like The Sopranos the quality's fine, but if I capture a brightly coloured cartoon the colours blend and the quality looks much worse. Any near-white colours are lost completely and the result is pretty unwatchable. The bundled software has settings for Lightness/Darkness and Color Correction, which seem to have no effect. Any ideas what causes this, or how I can fix it?

I want to try the capture box with other capturing software to see if I can get better results. I've tried VirtualDub and CaptureFlux, but in both when I try to capture the preview window shows black and white footage, no sound and a large patch of mostly green lines at the bottom of the screen. Is it possible the capture box is made to only work with the provided software, or am I missing something?

Many thanks for reading.
    Last edited by mostly_useless; 12-22-2011 at 01:41 AM.