Thread: Crop Pan Resize mutiple clips as one?

Default Crop Pan Resize mutiple clips as one?

I'm not sure what the correct terminology is for what I am trying to accomplish here so please bare with me

OK I'm working on a music video edit so I have a video track and and audio track. On the video track I have synced up the lips to the audio track. The audio track is a remix of an original so it takes some tweaking etc. There is a point in the audio track where it stutters on a word. I have split a clip on the video track on that particular word and duplicated the clip about 20 times one after the other. What I would like to do now is join those clips together in some sort of way so that I am able to crop pan or resize them as ONE clip. The effect I'm trying to accomplish with this is that while the video seems as if it is stuttering on one word, (matching the audio) I would also like for the video to fall away from full screen to the center getting smaller until the video disappears.

Does this make sense and how do I achieve this?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyshine View Post
    What I would like to do now is join those clips together in some sort of way so that I am able to crop pan or resize them as ONE clip.
    This would be very fiddly using pan and cropy. You'd have to do each clip separately, starting each one with the P&C dimensions of the preceeding clip. Not difficulat (you can just type the dimensions in) but time consuming - especially if you need to tweak it as you've ended up not small enough.

By far the easiest option would be to render out just that section of video then re-import it and apply P&C on the new event.

However, then I read:

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyshine View Post
    The effect I'm trying to accomplish with this is that while the video seems as if it is stuttering on one word, (matching the audio) I would also like for the video to fall away from full screen to the center getting smaller until the video disappears.
    You could do this by using track motion (there's a track motion on the track header). You're probably best off using track motion for the "falling away" anyway. This wasn't my first suggestion as track motion loses quality when zooming in more than pan and crop - but as you're zooming out, this will be perfect for the job.

For completeness sake, in Vegas Pro you could set up that section as a separate project then "next" that project within the main one and treat it as an event. Overkill for this task, but possible.
    Tim

Did you mean "nest". ?

Hey MikeyShine, Are you Attempting to make a Music Video?
    If So I may Be Able To Help You With That. I Have Made Several Music Video's In The Past.
    Would You Like Me To Edit It For You For Free?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Did you mean "nest". ?
    Indeed. And that's what I said. However, my fingers weren't listening
    Tim

I know what you mean. I hate it when appendages don't listen, not yet, NOT YET, oh bugger !