Thread: Sony Movie Studio HD 11, audio goes mute by iteself half way through

Default Sony Movie Studio HD 11, audio goes mute by iteself half way through

Hey guys, I just bought Sony Vegas Home Studio HD 11. I ran into a problem and it's very frustrating. When I import the video into the timeline the video imports alright, but audio goes mute or silent by itself after a little bit. When I play the same video in other players like Windows Media or Quick Time, it plays well with audio. The Video is in MP4 format.

Can someone help please. I have updated the software, and reinstalled it, but no success. Here's a picture of what I am talking about.

Last edited by UpSideDownDesi; 12-19-2011 at 05:50 PM.

This is a very strange problem that I've never seen before. I can't see how it could be Vegas problem BUT I have see some funny issues with sound files before. The way I handled my problem (not the same as yours but weired like this) was to delete the small working files that Vegas creates. I can't remember what they are called in the studio version but in the Pro version they are called "name of project.sfk or sfl. DO NOT DELETE the project file. You can delete these other files and Vegas will recreate them the next time it opens the project.

I don't know if this will work but it can't hurt to have a try.

SFK are the files that contain the audio image

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    This is a very strange problem that I've never seen before. I can't see how it could be Vegas problem BUT I have see some funny issues with sound files before. The way I handled my problem (not the same as yours but weired like this) was to delete the small working files that Vegas creates. I can't remember what they are called in the studio version but in the Pro version they are called "name of project.sfk or sfl. DO NOT DELETE the project file. You can delete these other files and Vegas will recreate them the next time it opens the project.

I don't know if this will work but it can't hurt to have a try.
    I went and deleted the SFK & SFL Files that Vegas created, and imported the videos again, but no luck. It seems to be doing that with every video that is being imported into vegas. They are MP4 Videos, I am going to see If I can convert one and see if that changes anything.

That was going to be my next suggestion. Is it at all possible that you have some sort of limited licence mp3 codec on your system. I know that's a (very) long shot but I just can't think why else this would be happening

Mighty Odd.
    Have you tried a single (rather long file),when you look at the audio track, is there any sign of a change?

then shorten the file . .. (e.g. by halving).

Do you have SoundForge? - have you tried: Select sound track, left click - near the top of the list "Open Copy in Audio Editor" - this puts a copy of the audio in SoundForge - it should play from start to finish, and by adjusting the horizontal magnification, you can see the waveform, levels etc . . . rather like in Vegas Studio, only without the Video.