Thread: Small problem....

Default Small problem....

I am trying to create a video sequence with precise video/audio line up. But, just when I think I've got things lined up (ie, I am zooming in on the audio and video channels to make sure they are perfectly lined up), I go to play it back, and all of a sudden my video is a few milliseconds behind.

My program is Sony Vegas HD 11 trial. I am just dragging/dropping subclips that I have created, and then I am slowing the clip down by 50%, and I am also dragging a the fade velocity curve that exists right on each clip within the timeline.

Any thoughts?

. . . . you need to tell us what spec yr PC is and if this error is in Preview only . . . . .

I use Studio v10 and have experienced similar
    eg Keyframing, with added audio FX
    I have dual-core and it's not able to process vid/audio fast enough in preview, what I do for short sections is to go over a 2-second piece maybe 5x - only then does the audio/vid appear consistent. I think alignment on the time-line will be correct. However, it is often difficult to judge an effect without having it played out.
    +Some believe Studio keeps a copy of a routine, so it improves each time it's played . . . does your Pro behave like this?

Have you tried burning a DVD of a short part? - (say a couple of minutes ), then see if this plays OK on a dedicated Player and TV combo - this should be far better a judge of alignment . . . IMHO.

You could try an experiment with three-versions...1) a tad earlier, 2) a tad later and 3) spot-on according to time-line.
    Then create a short DVD, using Titles to ID the versions....to avoid confusion later....
    This would prove if you're being fooled by the PC processor.

My PC (dual-core 4G RAM 32-bit to suit Studio), doesn't like processing a rendered / burnt DVD - but playback on a real DVD player is something else!

I doubt it's because it's a "trial" Vegas version, although it's possible your PC not got everything fully set. Yet.
    Last edited by vidmanners; 12-19-2011 at 12:45 AM.