Thread: Need advice on what to buy next. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Default Need advice on what to buy next. PLEASE HELP!!!!

A little about myself, i have recently graduated from university and im currently looking for work in the tv/film industry. for the past year i have been using the canon 500D, was great for the budget i was on but im now looking to step things up. Im looking for a camera that will be able to showcase my talent and produce the best quality for my work. I was going to buy a canon 7D but i started thinking that maybe i should be looking at a dedicated video camera? Im looking to spend around 2000-2500 maybe going higher if its worth it. just looking to gain some advice on the matter and if someone could suggest some camera's i could start looking at. the type of things im looking to be able to film are music videos, short films and VFX shorts. any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Tom

Have a look at the Panasonic AF101 at around 4000 if you can't go that high take a look at the Sony FS100 at around 3000.

Blog Entries

If I had that sort of budget, I'd be looking seriously at the Canon XF100. 50mbps & 4:2:2 colour space. Records on 2 CF cards so you can flip flop between if you have long sessions to record.
    This year a pro wildlife documentary cameraman/editor/producer joined our club. As you can imagine he has a wide collection of cameras (he gave us an evening once where he brought along a load of kit). He swears by this little beauty.
    Last edited by TimStannard; 12-24-2011 at 02:01 PM. Reason: fixing typos
    Tim

Blog Entries

My two pennorth - don't forget when you're budgeting to allow for all the extras like tripod, lights, mics.... and so on...