Thread: Problem burning to DVD (File too large?)...

Default Problem burning to DVD (File too large?)...

Hi,

I am attempting to burn three AVI video files (compressed with Direct X) to a Dual Layer DVD (8.5 GIG) using Nero.

The three video files total 5.5 GIG and two of these files are over 2 GIG each (one is 2.8 GIG, the other is 2.6 GIG).

So, I insert the Dual Layer DVD into my DVD drive (and the DVD drive allows for Dual Layer burning). I go to Nero, select to make a data DVD (since the videos are to be used in a Macromedia Director Projector file).

Anyway, it recognizes that the DVD is a dual layer and states that it is 8.5 GIG in size. So, I add my three AVI video files and think I am safe to burn now. However, I get a message saying one of the files is over 2 GIG in size and so will only be able to be read by PCs using Windows 98, 2000 and XP...no problem for me there, I am happy. So, I proceed with burning (knowing I still have some 3 GIG of space left on the DVD). It gets to about 18/19% of burning and then errors. The DVD is then wasted and I am stumped as to why this is happening! Is it because I have files that are over 2 GIG in size? Please help someone, I am becoming so frustrated!

I had a similar problem when i wanted to create a dual layer dvd. I gave up with nero and used DVDDecrypter which is a free tool (get it from http://www.dvddecrypter.com/ )
    I had to create an ISO file firstly after making my titles and chapters to my hard drive using ulead movie factory.

hope this helps

Hi,

Yeah the problem is I need the files to be on the DVD as AVI files and not actual DVD readable files!!