Thread: Add text not working! help please!! sony vegas pro 11

Default Add text not working! help please!! sony vegas pro 11

i tried reinstalling, rebooting but nothing seems to work. heres a screenshot, help please!

For this to happen there has to be something wrong with the install of Vegas or your system. I really can't say exactly what. I remember having an issue with an FX option box in Vegas not displaying properly. After many hours of trying to solve it I had the thought to re-install the Ariel font in Windows and this solved it. Good luck.

Sorry for Bringing up an Old Thread however I am getting a similar problem, I am able to press the insert text button and on the timeline Sample Text appears. I am unable to edit this further and no window appears. Anyone know what to do, Thanks.

Sounds like the text edit window might have fallen off the screen. Try pressing Alt+D and then D again this should give you the default layout. If that doesn't work increasing the resolution of the display and see if it's hiding under the task bar etc.

Still not working, tried the ALT + D Option but that doesn't seem to work either. I'm not sure how to increase the resolution of the display thought.

Thanks for the help so far

Did you press Alt+D and then D again ?

Well if that didn't work. To increase the resolution of the screen right click the desktop and select screen resolution then pick bigger numbers than you currently have. This may now make the screen visible when you open Vegas.

If all else fails you could un-install and then re-install Vegas.

EDIT: Lowered the Resolution Completely and got it, Thanks!
    Last edited by Alexr; 05-28-2012 at 07:29 PM.