Thread: Hd dvd burning problem

Default Hd dvd burning problem

Hello, The problem I'm having is burning discs with Magix 17 Pro. I was using Magix version 16 and burning works fine but the program can't handle my AVCHD files. Magix 17 works with AVCHD flawlessly and everthing about the program is great except the burning of the disc. It will burn but it is only playable on my PC and will not work on either of my 2 Sony Blu-Ray players. I can create and edit my movie using version 17, save my project and then open it in version 16 to burn the disc and it will play in my Blu-ray players without any problem. My PC is only 6 months old and I had custom made for HD editing. I have formatted my hard drive twice and only install version 17 but it's still not the answer. There is nothing else installed on my pc, I use for video editing only.I have contacted Magix support and seem to have them stumped also. I sent them the specs of my computer and that's not the problem. I don't mind having use version 16 for burning but when I open my project that was created in ver. 17, titles don't work properly and some files will be missing so then it creates more work for me to fix that in version 16 before I burn the disc. I have tried different brands of discs, both plus and minus and also tried Blu-Ray discs with my Blu-Ray burner.I'm hoping it's a simple fix somewhere in the optons that I can check or uncheck. Hope somebody can help me..Thanks

Just a long shot because I have no idea really as I'm not familier with the software BUT have you looked at there being a setting on your Bluray player. I've had DVDs that would play on one DVD player but not on my Sony.

Worth a look.

Thanks, I'll have a look through the menus on the Blu-Ray player.

I think OP has v17HD Plus since the lesser version 17 HD won't import AVCHD without paying for a licence! Despite the box saying Edit AVCHD movies like a Pro (or similar).

If OP has that licence then I don't think it's the software; since he can play the disc on his PC. He really needs to try a different BD Player -and as MB suggests, try to find a Setting option in the player Menu.

Default Problem Solved

Thanks Guys for the info. The problem was my Sony BluRay players. I now own an LG and a Toshiba and they playback everything.

Quote Originally Posted by vidmanners View Post
    I think OP has v17HD Plus since the lesser version 17 HD won't import AVCHD without paying for a licence! Despite the box saying Edit AVCHD movies like a Pro (or similar).

If OP has that licence then I don't think it's the software; since he can play the disc on his PC. He really needs to try a different BD Player -and as MB suggests, try to find a Setting option in the player Menu.