Thread: Is Adobe Premier Elements right for me?

Default Is Adobe Premier Elements right for me?

Hey all,

I'm not really knowledgeable on video editing. Lets just pretend that I have no experience, but am willing to put in the time to learn a particular software in order to attain a good finished product.

I have footage from 2 separate HD DLSR cameras of my band playing on stage, and I want to condense the footage into a promotional video of sorts. I'm looking for software that can do pretty simple transitions (fade in, fade out, dissolves, etc). I also want to be able to zoom in on my footage and splice/re-arrange it.

Can Adobe Premier Elements 10 do this? I see that it's only about $100, so it seems like a pretty good deal. I just want to make sure that it's just a simple home-movie editor that has only cheesy transitions and extremely limited editing functions.

I can't drop the $ for Adobe Premier.

Thanks for your time.

You can go onto their website and download a trial...See if it works with your footage.

If you have the time, I also recommend looking at Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11 Product Comparisons . Like Premiere, there are various editions available.

Thanks for the replies everyone, much appreciated.

I'd like to stay with Adobe (if at all possible). I am really familiar with their interfaces, and I trust their product.

As for the trials...this is really stupid, but I actually installed the trial like 2 months ago, and totally forgot about it, and now I can't actually demo it because my trial period has run out....pretty lame.

s'long as your PC can handle the DSLR HD footage i think you'll be fine with PE10.