Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Merry Christmas Thread :)

Wink The Merry Christmas Thread :)

Merry Christmas to all.

Doesn't anyone have the Christmas spirit yet.

I'm overdosing already, bring on the Easter eggs. But go on, I'll bite . . . Merry chuffin Xmas!
    My opinions are just that . . . Mine. It's not personal, but is based on my emotional and professional reaction to requested critique. If you choose to ignore constructive comments, I'll just assume you're a vanity poster and not posting to improve your filming and editing skills.

Ex A.P.V Videomaker of the year - Ex M.M. IOV Come join my EXclusive club

Ok that's a start. (of sorts)

Merry Christams Zero, lets hope the New Year brings us all something better than this year.

Blog Entries

Too bloody busy making that Nativity DVD to keep an eye on DD!

Merry Christmas to you Midnight, Mrs Blue and Little Blue (aka Early Evening Blue).

May the New Year bring you all you desire.
    Tim

I'm sure you'll make a cracking job of it Tim. How did you get over the sound issues which is prone for this type of shoot ?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I'm sure you'll make a cracking job of it Tim. How did you get over the sound issues which is prone for this type of shoot ?
    I used the authenticisty approach. I like to call it "Crap sound(tm)"!

The songs were OK, but as you can imagine a mic even 6 feet from some of the kids failed to pick up some of their mumbles, to say nothing of the kids 20feet away! So lots of gain in post and they'll have to live with the (massive amounts of) background noise. Also, people's mobile phone signals interfereing caused a problem. If I do it again I might be tempted to cheat - see if I can't record the dialogue separately, at a rehearsal - it's amazing how precisely these children repeat their lines. Or just get more mics and a soundie and get in the way of the cast and the irate parents!

A bigger problem was the lighting. The suspended gantry doesn't go far enough forward over the stage so only the kids at the back were lit. Even Rembrant Rob couldn't sort that one out! So we have compromised shots: Nicely exposed kids in the front against a blown out background and nicely exposed kids in the back with silhouettes in front of them. Still, I'm sure they'll love it.
    Tim

I used the authenticisty approach. I like to call it "Crap sound(tm)"!
    I didn't realise you had the trade mark on that. Does that mean I owe you some sort of licence fee.

I'm sure they'll love it. All the best to you and everyone in the Stannard household. Will there be another music video this year. perhaps Wizzard, "I wish it could be Christmas Everyday". What ever you end up doing have fun doing it.

Any body else like to share some Christmas spirit.

Blog Entries

[QUOTE=Midnight Blue;173430]I didn't realise you had the trade mark on that. Does that mean I owe you some sort of licence fee.
    {/quote]
    No problem - Like Mercedes-Benz and their safety innovations, I'm happy to let the world use it for free.

I'm sure they'll love it.
    I got an Achiever's Certificate and a Head Teacher's Award!
    All the best to you and everyone in the Stannard household. Will there be another music video this year. perhaps Wizzard, "I wish it could be Christmas Everyday". What ever you end up doing have fun doing it.
    Thanks mate. Sadly no video planned for this year. to tell the truth I'm all videoed out.
    Tim

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast