Thread: Adobe Premiere Elements Clipping/RAM issue

Default Adobe Premiere Elements Clipping/RAM issue

Whenever I add effects or transitions to my timeline in Adobe Premiere Elements, the video skips and freezes, which makes it unwatchable. It doesn't matter how much video is in the timeline. I've had as little as 3 minutes of video and it skips every time i add an effect/transition. I'm assuming this is a RAM issue? Im using an imac with 4GB of RAM. If i upgraded to 16GB of RAM would that solve the problem? I also make highlight tapes for the football team that I coach, which run up to about 45 minutes and are heavy on transitions. Would 16GB of RAM make that amount of video and transitions run without a hiccup?

Of course it will, Your system is showing you a "preview" of the FX/transition. Throwing 16GB of ram at it willy-nilly will not make a difference!

Go to "Sequence" then go to "Render entire work area" then wait a while for it to process the video THEN play it back with no jitters!

If you have already rendered it and are still getting jitters, have you tried exporting a small piece of video with a transition? See if the jitters remain there!

Thank you bpotter, the video runs more smoothly now, however the audio still cuts in and out frequently. Why is this? Its very aggravating.

Um...I assume the bit-rate of the audio is not vastly different to the project settings? Worth checking that maybe...Also, on premier pro, Audio is not rendered by default, not sure if that is the same in elements, Try delving into your preferences settings and setting "audio" to render as well, then re-render.I'm not entirely sure that this will fix it for you...But worth giving it a go!