Thread: 20's style short: Repeatedly punched in the face

Default 20's style short: Repeatedly punched in the face

Hi all. I just did this two minute piece for fun, and to learn the basics of rotoscoping and compositing in After Effects. I could've spent a lot more time on the VFX shot (the train rescue), but after about 30 hours of rotoscoping frame by frame, I settled for what you see before you (and gained some insight into how to shoot similar projects in a much more efficient manner).

All feedback much appreciated!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nQKAozVOIM

If you want feed back on a video you should post it in the user video section. BUT as you've asked, I thought it was a fun little piece. One thing that I didn't like was the first punch to the face the wrong side of the beard fell off, then same again on the second punch. I thought there was some good gags in it. I'm not sure about the music, well I suppose it's ironic, especially as the band is called Butt Problem. The roto scoping was ok but may be if there was a slight bit of feathering it would have been better.

Well done.

Default 20's style short: Repeatedly Punched in the Face

Hi all-

I did this short for the hell of it, it was time for a haircut. Please enjoy, all feedback appreciated!

Hair/Off - YouTube

MBP-

I just posted in the user section, thanks for replying.
    I hear what you're saying regarding the beard, but the beard did fly off my face in the direction I intended. I figured that if the left side of my face were punched, then the force of the blow would carry through my face to knock the right side of the beard off.
    In regards to the roto work, I regretted my decision not to setup a small greenscreen on location. It would've reduced the work in post and yielded a superior result.

Cheers!

Brad

Blog Entries

I've taken the liberty of merging these two threads.

It was quite amusing. The acting was played straight down the middle - well done for that. Congratulations also on not overdoing the "old film" look. Most presets are too over the top and become a major distraction.

I thought it was let down a bit by the ending - I would have liked to see our hero untie the girl and pick her up and walk across the tracks - directly into the path of a train.
    Tim