Thread: Sudden Lagging Issues

Default Sudden Lagging Issues

I own a Sony Lap Top (PCG-81114L). I've been using Adobe Premiere Pro as my editing software. Currently there is 245 of 456GB of space on my c-drive. All my video DSLR files I keep in an external hard drive. Recently, when I have been attempting to edit, Premiere Pro will not display the video. It will appear as a still frame but the audio will still play. Sometimes that audio will studder as well. I have not had this problem in the past. Am I simply maxing out the limits of this computer or is something else going on?

Is this premier pro 5?
    Have you been able to edit the video just fine until now?
    Have you changed camera or changed how the camera records the data?

To be honest it sounds to me like premier is having problems reading the files due to the nature of that type of DSLR compression, I would advise you to convert all your DSLR footage for that shoot to a premier friendly method of compression.

Do you have Adobe media encoder? As this program would be the best method of converting your video.

All my video DSLR files I keep in an external hard drive. Recently,
    How much space is left on that drive ?
    Have you defraged lately ?
    If it's a USB drive they are not always the fastest or best for video editing but can be used.
    If you are putting on a lot of effects or transitions this will affect the play back.
    I'm not a Premier user so I can't point out what you can do to solve it in the program, in Vegas you can reduce the preview quality to get a smoother play back. I'm sure you can pre-render in Premier this should help.

"Premiere Pro will not display the video. It will appear as a still frame but the audio will still play."

If it's definitely just a "still" of the video, Then I strongly suspect it lies with the compression type on that particular model of DSLR.

On the other hand, If he has been using that camera with prem for months with no issues :P It could be something else entirely...I'd have to rack my brains to find out what causes it.

Blog Entries

The word 'recently' implies long use with no issues. I'd go with Midnights analasys. Defrag, Drive space remaining.

6. Default

Kevin Monahan
    Sr. Content and Community Lead
    Adobe After Effects - Adobe Premiere Pro
    Adobe Systems, Inc.
    San Francisco, CA

id go with drive too. mine don't play so nice once they get too close to full