Thread: Capture Stops After 1 Second Now??

Default Capture Stops After 1 Second Now??

This is strange....atleast to me.

Yesterday, captured DV onto my D (video only) drive just fine, using MyDVD 6.0 Deluxe. Noticed my 2nd tape wouldn't fit, so proceded to delete files on D drive. Then noticed that my available space didn't appear to be going up like it should've been (and yes, I took care of Recycle Bin for leftovers). After deleting several files and defrag'ing twice, it shows I have 24 GB available. Also checked for errors. (Note: the first defrag didn't work cause it said I only had 14% free space.)

Anyway, when I try to capture video to this drive, it just stops after 1 second (6.6Mb), and says 'error during capture'. It will let me save this 1 second of video to the harddrive. Now, if I change the path to point to my C Drive, it captures like it always has.

Any ideas on what's going on with this harddrive all of a sudden? Could it still be related to MyDVD somehow? Any tests I can run to narrow it down?

Thanks!
    Chet

PS. Maxtor 120GB, NTFS, which I've been using for over a year now

Kansas City, Missouri, USA, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Universe 42

At this point my next step would be to run scandisk and do a 'thorough' scan on the disk, looking for any surface defects on the drive. Let it run overnight. If that checks out, then I'm out of ideas.
    Fav quote - "Experience is whatcha don't get 'till ya don't need it no more."

System - Athlon 1.4GHz, Win98, Hauppauge PVR250 receiver and compressor.
    Software -Magix Movie Edit Pro 10, Nero 6 + NeroVision Express, Moho 4.61, PSP 8.1, Bryce, Quicktime 6.52 pro, Goldwave 5, DVD-Lab.
    Cameras - Panasonic GS9, Canon ES8400V, Canon EOS D20 and Canon A70