Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which Editing Card Is Better?PinnacleDV500DVD or MatroxRTX10

Default Which Editing Card Is Better?PinnacleDV500DVD or MatroxRTX10

Im planning to buy editing card next week? Which one shall i buy? PinnacleDV500DVD or Matrox RTX10

I need to Input video from DV and may be from VCR. I need to output to DVD or sometimes VCR.

Can anybody suggest me please, or if there is any other cards please do let me know? My budget is 470.

Blog Entries

I wouldn't recommend the PinnacleDV500DVD as this is getting on a bit now. Additionally I don't believe the Matrox RTX10 comes with Adobe Premiere bundled anymore, which really puts this out of your budget (it doesn't work without Premiere).

I would suggest a copy of Adobe Elements and an ADVC110 for a total price of about 270. And you can give the other 200 to me

I found MatroxRTX10 for 470 with Adobe Premiere in online shop. Is matrox better than Pinnacle dv500.

Blog Entries

Check if I'm wrong, but I believe the Pinnacle doesn't support Premiere 1.5.

I would hold back for a while. The rt.x10 was discontinued, it's a scaled down version of the rt.x100, and not that well specified.

If your bundle was 470 for the card plus Ppro, well, it's not such a great deal. If it includes, Audition, Encore and/or other software, that's a bit better.

Dealers must be clearing their stock. Hold on until June/July, when there'll be some news from the big players.

Blog Entries

I believe Adobe are to cease bundling their products at a discount for OEM.

Quote Originally Posted by tone33
    The rt.x10 was discontinued, it's a scaled down version of the rt.x100, and not that well specified.
    If your bundle was 470 for the card plus Ppro, well, it's not such a great deal. If it includes, Audition, Encore and/or other software, that's a bit better.
    Hey! It does not make sense. Matrox has not discontinued RTX10. But it's true that the card hasn't carried Adobe Bundle anymore.

Blog Entries

I'm afraid tone33 is correct. Is has been discontinued.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourc...0+discontinued

Marc, I've checked the link and I could realize that package of RTX10 Xtra + Adoble Bundle was discontinued, but Matrox has launched a new Package of RTX10 Xtra and RTX100 Xtreme WITHOUT Adobe Bundle.

This situation was caused by Adobe that hasn't been accepting anymore to sell its bundle integrated in low-end boards.

Many people had bought Matrox, Canopus and others packs and so selling on Ebay their bundles by the price of BOX software.

Repeting: Matrox RTX10Xtra and Matrox RTX100 Xtreme haven't been discontinued. (for our happiness!)
    Abit IC7 - P4 3.2C - 1GB RAM - RAID 0 2x80 GB Seagate HD - Matrox RTX100 - LG T910B 19\'

Angry

Hello people!

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters View Post
    Check if I'm wrong, but I believe the Pinnacle doesn't support Premiere 1.5.
    That is correct! At least the pinnacle support told me...
    I'm pretty disappointed with pinnacle... i think the support they give to their hardware is very low.

I bought the DV500 plus in 2002 with +/- 1000 . came with adobe premiere 6.0.
    and now they dont have any upgrade for newer premiere!!!

in that way I think that matrox is better...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast