Thread: The Mesage

Lightbulb The Message

Watch this video It was shot with a new technique call "Self'O'vision"

Last edited by Midnight Blue; 12-04-2011 at 06:12 PM.

Blog Entries

I hate to criticise, Midnight, but I thought the white balance was a bit off. Even for Film Noir.
    I was also rather disappointed that when I went to the YouTube site and increased the the resolution, there was really no great improvement in detail (either in the highlights or the shadows). Did you really shoot in 720p?
    The music was not bad, but rather too high in the mix - especially the pseudo "John Bonham, When the Levee Breaks " drum track - as it tended to drown out the ambient sound, voiceover and all three interviewees.

I also hate to say it but "Self O'Vision" has been around for years. Long before I joined Staines Video Makers, even in that rather staid organisation, someone entered a film in the travelogue competition comprising nothing but a voice-over and a totally blue screen. They thought he was wierd. I thought it was quite imaginitive and, assuming the voiceover was good enough, rather liked the idea that you have to picture the images yourself. This is a true story.

EDIT: I should add I was rather disappointed in the film as I had misread the title and thought it was going to be "The Massage"
    Tim

Trust you to spot the John Bonham sample.

I have to disagree with you on the white balance. May be you need to clean your mind a bit to see the whites are perfectly white.

Apart from the technical points how was the narrative.

Do you think it contains to much nudity for the forum.
    Last edited by Midnight Blue; 12-05-2011 at 10:53 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Trust you to spot the John Bonham sample.
    To be fair, it is probably the most distinctive drum pattern/sound ever. And I believe the most sampled.
    I have to disagree with you on the white balance. May be you need to clean your mind a bit to see the whites are perfectly white.
    You're quite right. My apologies - I appear to have left a smear of tomato soup from lunctime on my spectacles.

Apart from the technical points how was the narrative.
    To be frank, I thought it lacked that textbook "W"shape as it had no noticable peak in the middle. Or for that matter at either end. I did think you were going for "Art" and I was happy to live with that thought for a while until I realised there was a distinct lack of beards.

However, when all is said and done, you did get the message across and as we often say here - it's all about communication (and beards)
    Tim

pah..youll be growing a beard next Middy

Just what makes you think I already haven't.