Thread: After Effects... I want to export the text I've animated...

Default After Effects... I want to export the text I've animated...

I want to be able to export the stuff I've made in After Effects as a .avi file into Premier Pro. Basically, its just text with animation presets applied to it. But I don't want a black background... so how can I get it to stay transpartent so I can see the action behind the text? I know this sounds really simple, but the simplest problems sometimes take the longest time... by the way I already did a search, and didn't find anything that really addressed well what I'm trying to do. Its AE 6.5.

By the way, with lots of help from you guys here I was able to also make my first halo montage:

ftp://xtina.pl/Halo%20Combat%20Evolv...202%20Dust.wmv

Right click to save as the link. But anyway, the focus of my topic is on the transparency issue, so please help there heh.

Blog Entries

You need to export to with a codec that preserves the channel. Export using a codec with millions+ colours.

Have you tried exporting as a quicktime movie file and selecting alpha under the channels setting?

James

hi. not sure about the avi export but we do it by exporting the animated text using targa or tiff sequence with alpha. hope that helps.

hi. not sure about the avi export but we do it by exporting the animated text using targa or tiff sequence with alpha. hope that helps.