Thread: Got a TM900 at last

Default Got a TM900 at last

Finally got a Panasonic TM900, was playing about with it in the house and the quality is lovely, really impressed with it. Will be sunday before i get to test it out at a car sprint. Im assuming shoot in manual and leave everything auto but shutter speed. I take it around 1/1000th of a second should do. I also got a Manfrotto 391RC2 head to go with it. Got the lot for 715 euro too.......happy all round

1/1000 seems fast to me. The "normal" shutter speed is usually around double your frame rate so if your filming 1080-50p set your shutter speed to 1/100. Leave as much as you can handle on manual mode for best results. You will probabley have to close down the iris so you get a long depth of field for your focus. You will have to judge these setting depending on the brightness of the day. I understand you are shooting fast moving cars so you may want to speed up the shutter speed but it's not going to help that much it's the frame rate that is really important.

Have fun with your new camera.

cool. enjoy it .... im sure you will

Cant wait for sunday to come

Well i finally got to use the tm900 and its amazing. I need to master smooth panning and tracking of fast cars. I put together a small video of the day, its not bad but jerky panning is an off put and also i see some editing mistakes. Just need to keep practicing to get better............

That Skoda looks useful ....whats the spec ? nice to see a "proper" mini in there as well

i remember when rally cross was shown on BBC1's world of sport * every Saturday

nice moon shot at the end ...... no doubt MB u'll be along shortly to admire it

edit

* or was it Grandstand ?
    Last edited by enc; 12-05-2011 at 10:59 PM.

Yes, the Skoda looked good and well driven as well. I had to laugh at the mini, I'm sure I heard a hamster wheel as it pasted.

There is a shot just after that at around 3:06 when two cars seem to dissolve into the shot rather than drive in was that the spray of editing ?

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Yes, the Skoda looked good and well driven as well. I had to laugh at the mini, I'm sure I heard a hamster wheel as it pasted.

There is a shot just after that at around 3:06 when two cars seem to dissolve into the shot rather than drive in was that the spray of editing ?
    no mention of the moon ?

I forgot about the moon shot at the end, very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post

That was editing, there was a good gap between the 3 cars (10 secs each) so i faded them running thru, worked well in a drifting vid before, so i tried it in this one. Hard enough to make the video interesting when cars are appart. If they were more close it would be nicer but i guess you got to work with whats there and use your imagination too. the skoda is robert barables and is a great car but wasnt on full pace, a renault clio won and a honda civic came 2nd (the green one) and the skoda came 3rd.......... It was only a rally sprint, 3 laps of a marked out track and each driver gets 4 runs...................
    Last edited by Anto Modded; 12-06-2011 at 12:07 AM.