Thread: Small issue with video!

Default Small issue with video!

Not entirely sure if this is the right section to post this under as the video is just straight on there isn't really much to like or to criticize! It was just a quick video done one evening for an upcoming gig. I put a few effects on it and I know there is a bit of glare on the violin players face but I'm not overly worried about it.

My small issue is the drag on the musicians fingers when the quality is turned up on youtube. It is fine when the quality is lower just wondering if there is a remedy for this? It does it when I play the video on quicktime also on my mac. I exported it from Final Cut at H.264 the file size is about 350mb. I think it was also 1920x1280 25mps

Whats the best format to re-export it to remove the problem.

Blog Entries

I'm not getting and "drag". I suspect this might be down to you broadband connection speed - higer quality = more bandwidth?
    I accept you're limited with the single camera static shot, but I'm not sure i liked looking "down" on all three musicians. I think I'd have been inclined to have lowered the camera, but I'm finding it hard to visualise exactly how low.
    Tim

I don't see the problem that you described either AND we are both musicians so we know what to look for.
    Last edited by Midnight Blue; 11-29-2011 at 02:52 PM.

What if you view the video at 1080p? You can change the video quality on the bottom right of the youtube window?

You mean the interlace artifacts. Right ?

I can't tell you the FCP settings because I'm not a Mac user BUT the usual rule of thumb to get the best out of your video is match your project settings to your raw footage ie 1920 x 1080 (not 1280) and then render out at the same settings. If you want you can de-interlace if you shot 1080i to make it 1080p (Progressive) but you would have to experiment as to which you thought looked the best.

As it looks ok at 720 on YouTube it might just be YouTube has cocked up on the 1080 re-render. It's hard to know for show. One other thing to look out for is matching the correct pixel aspect ie does the camera shoot square or stretched pixels.

Sorry if some of this doesn't mean anything to you BUT these are the points that will help get the best image for you.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    You mean the interlace artifacts. Right ?
    I'd thought, like you initially, that he'd meant sync problems (which I do not experience even in 1080p),but you're right, Midnight about the interlace issues.
    Tim