Thread: It's Chriiiiiist...maaaaassss!

Blog Entries

Default It's Chriiiiiist...maaaaassss!

Blatant repost of last year's family Chrismas video:

(a) Because the Chrismas season is nearly upon us and this film seems to bring good cheer, and
    (b) Because it won me Best Editing Award in the IAC Noth Thames Region Movie Festival on Sunday

(Actually the version in the festival was slightly trimmed from this version - I condensed two of the choruses into one, less true to the song, but slightly snappier)

Tim

Blog Entries

I hate you!

Tacky, kitch, saccharine sweet.... and I really, really, really wish I had a video like this with my family.

Well done Tim. It's still just as fun this time around.

Great video Tim. Are they all family members? Im amazed you got them to agree to it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jimbob2k View Post
    Great video Tim. Are they all family members?
    Yep, all related by blood, marriage and in one case by divorce!
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbob2k View Post
    Im amazed you got them to agree to it.
    It beat charades!
    In all seriousness (and we can all learn from this) the key to getting everyone to agree was to get everyone to have ownership of the project.

For a start, the initial idea came from one of my sisters so it wasn't boring old Uncle Tim doing another of his videos.
    Then we bounced around ideas as to which song to use via emails with different parts of the family.
    Once decided, I broke the song down into little sections and asked people to come up with ideas (eg "What can we film to illustrate 'Does a ton-up on his sleigh'?")

We only had one person who really didn't want to do it, but even she was prepared to be the "hand" that puts on the CD at the beginning. And then she had a few drinks at the big family get together and joined in the choruses anyway!
    Tim

One of those videos which can make people smile...always a good thing!

Cute video! Merry Christmas everyone! Bit early to say, but now I've said it!!

Wonderful - and for next year can you green-screen some of the posters here...?