Thread: Need some software suggestions

Default Need some software suggestions

I would like to have some suggestions for the software I need in my scenario.

I am going to start recording video tutorials. Till now I've been using Camtasia Studio which suits me fine for the recording bit. I would also like to create a nice 3D intro which looks professional, and I don't think Camtasia has tools for that. What software should I be looking at for this?

Also I would like to start adding background music to my tutorial videos. On YouTube there are some authors having really nice and suitable background music, that doesn't distract and produces a positive vibe, especially for product promotions. Where can I find such music?

Finally, I would also like to try my and at video editing in the more traditional sense, that is capturing video with my HD cam and editing it with some software, like adding music, making some parts faster/slower etc. What software should I use for this? Thanks!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by drtanz View Post
    I am going to start recording video tutorials. Till now I've been using Camtasia Studio which suits me fine for the recording bit. I would also like to create a nice 3D intro which looks professional, and I don't think Camtasia has tools for that. What software should I be looking at for this?
    Bluff Titler BluffTitler DX9: 3D Effects for Video Titling and Digital Signage - Homepage

Also I would like to start adding background music to my tutorial videos. On YouTube there are some authors having really nice and suitable background music, that doesn't distract and produces a positive vibe, especially for product promotions. Where can I find such music?
    SonicFire Smartsound Royalty Free Music, Royalty Free Stock Music Downloads or any Production Music site. Also worth checking out Free Royaty Free sites

Finally, I would also like to try my and at video editing in the more traditional sense, that is capturing video with my HD cam and editing it with some software, like adding music, making some parts faster/slower etc. What software should I use for this? Thanks!
    Sony Vegas Movie Studio is fairly inexpensive and will give you plenty to play with (it even has some 3D titling built in now, i believe) Go for HD Platinum edition if you want to burn DVDs/ BluRay as well as edit.
    Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11 Overview
    Tim