Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Collaboration

Blog Entries

Default Collaboration

Inspired by enc's excellent Manchester film (and other townscapes) and the Britain in a Day/World in a Day projects, I am proposing a Digital Director collaboration.

The idea is we get some of us together and film a montage of our home town. And I do mean town (or village). I don't want loads of picturesque countrysides, I want shots of the environment where people live an work and the people themselves. The length of each montage will depend on how many people are interested, but I'd imagine between 30 secs and 1 minute of each town.

Sorry - this is open to UK members only - or more accurately, UK towns only :( (Maybe if it works well we can do a worldwide one at a later date)

We may link the scenes by a map of the UK, folded into a paper dart and thrown from one town into the next.

Firstly, we need some music as well as a list of video contributors. Once we have the msic, each contributor will be given their section of music so they can cut to it. Contributors may include ambient sound, but should be prepared to return two soundtracks - one with ambient only and one with the music as well to give the final editor/mixer an idea of the mixing (we will strip the soundtracks then put the music/ambient back on again as a whole to avoid any differences in quality due to re-encoding etc).

For music, I was initially thinking of some royalty free music from British composers, but Midnight pointed out I was being an idiot as we have many talented composers here. The music should be fairly laid back as whilst it's feasible to set fast cars or speeded up pedesttrians or scenes of urban life

So, to get the ball rolling, would you please indicate below if you would like to film and edit a section of your town (and the town name)

And, if you're a muso/composer (from anywhere in the world), if you'd like to contribute a piece - probably lasting 2-4 minutes.

We will also need a mucic co-ordinator who can liaise with the composers to arrange how we move from one piece into another.

So, who's up for it?
    Tim

Blog Entries

I'd love to say I'd film my workplace (I have a view of tower bridge from my office), but realisticallyit would be Hayes, Kent on a weekend

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    So, who's up for it?
    go on then

oh yeah, Manchester

but Midnight pointed out I was being an idiot
    As if I would ever say anything like that.

Yes, I'm up for it in York.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    So, who's up for it?
    For sure, and it's Mansfield.

Blog Entries

I'm in... Cornwall

Blog Entries

Thanks guys, that's a great start!
    Desperately seeking musos
    Tim

I'm in, Gerrards Cross.

I would be pleased to assist, but whilst I can 'write songs', I rely on other people to make them sound nice. I can only really offer any my little exisitng stuff on YouTube (I can supply relevant WAV files, of course).
    However. I have some experience with MIDI. As long as the music is out of copyright, I should be able to provide high quality WAV files of versions, perhaps using unusual (or made to order) instrumentations which last an exact period of time.
    e.g. 'Air on a G-String' with sitar and bagpipes, in 15 seconds.

Air on a G-String' with sitar and bagpipes

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast