Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself - part two

Hey people, my name's Matheus, looking forward to improve my editing skills and talking to y'all

Hello,

My name is Vlad and I started doing video editing since last year due to one of my school assignments in which I got the highest grade of the whole year. I would love to learn more editing skills because it became my new hobby and I would also love to get to know people around here.

Colin (Sandy) Pittendrigh. Old (71) but not dead yet. Montana USA.

I'm a retired programmer (mostly scientific database stuff), retired fishing guide and boat builder. Hobby photographer.

i build white water dories. I want to film the boat building process.

I'm good with computers and still photography but (as yet) clueless about video.
    I'm a Linux guy so I'll start with Kdenlive. Might switch to DaVinci Resolve at some point.

I'll lurk for a while, before asking questions. I joined this forum because it seemed newbie friendly.
    Last edited by pittendrigh; 02-20-2020 at 03:48 AM.

Blog Entries

Hi Sandy and welcome. We like to think we're friendly to everyone, no just noobs
    Tim

Hey Fellow fim/video makers and of course editors and such

I got into video late in life but I love it, I have been a lifelong photographer but people kept asking me to do video and so here I am.
    People, community, and societies are what really motivates me, I consider myself a visual anthropologist.
    For anyone who would like to understand me or my work then they could look at my flicker work under the name of 'The Naked Ape'
    its not about nudity but more about humanity/society.
    I really want to see if I can find a few editors/film makers in London who want to meet up, watch/discuss films/plays/books/edits and help each other paid/unpaid and of course just for fun.

I often do human interest stories and granted there is no budgets for these well not yet anyway! but the stories are really heartfelt and I believe worth making which is why I do them in my spare time, It would be brill if I could find other like minded souls out there who had similar interest to team up with who you are doesnt matter but what you want to do ,,,thats the magic!

Hope to hear from the like minded ;ŹD

Hugh

Blog Entries

Hi Hugh and welcome. Many of us got into video later in life, so you're not alone. There are many amateur clubs around and most would be aboluetly delighted to welcome new blood (membership tends to be older people - and we're desperate to bring the age down but this isn't going to happen overnight). Watching your film in front of others who are not necessarily friends or family on the big screen, is a very different expetrience to watching at home or on a PC.
    Last weekend I was with 15 or so other judges in Durham judging BIAFF 2020 - the British International Amateur Film Festival. It sounds like your sort of film - and more so your attitude would fit right in. The festival is in April in Startford Upon Avon and tickets are erally cheap.

If you're interested in anything I've gone on about let me know what and I'll fill you in.
    Tim

Hi everyone, I'm Henry from TX and I'm pretty noob at editing but looking forward to getting better at it

Hello, I'm Richa from Colorado Springs and glad to be a part of this forum.

Hey Everyone!
    My name is Chirist.

Hey Everyone!
    My name is Brimmerer.

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast