Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself - part two

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shockwave.EXE View Post
    A lot of rules? Maybe but sounds more than reasonable. Just one thing, Criticise peoples work by all means? Is that a rule? I'm new to this thing, does that mean i should go out of my way to look for and criticise peoples work?
    OK Just to clear this up, I'm jesting, but but there's some truth in it. Many people come on here and ask people to help them out by criticising their work - but then never give anything back by returning the favour. You will be much more highly thought of if you comment on the work of others in the User Vids section and thus others are more likely to comment on yours. I'm not seriously suggesting you comment on everything, but if you try to comment on one or two films every now and then, that would be nice - but only if you have something to say - don't force yourself.

Also, by criticise I mean analyse with a critical eye, I don't mean just be negative - you can have positive criticism as well. But, especially with negative criticism, this only rally works if you can justify why (or even admit you don't know why). For example "I thought it was rubbish" isn't very helpful, whereas "I thought it was rubbish because the camera was too shaky for me to make out what was going on" is a useful criticism. Similarly "I thought it was rubbish, but I can't quite put my finger on why" is at least semi useful to the maker.

Incidentally, criticising others' work is one of the best ways of improving your own work. You get to spot mistakes others make and thus avoid making the same yourself - without the overhead of having learned the hard way.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockwave.EXE View Post
    And you mention Pimping my link if i want views, i did come here just for help and getting better at video editing but that sounds good, if i had a lot of videos and posted the links would that count as spam. I'm just trying to understand the forum better so i know what to do and what not to do.
    That is exactly what the "Pimp the Link" section is for! It would only be considered spam if you post links to the same film more than once. 20 links to 20 different films is fine.
    Tim

I understand now, i'll keep that in mind. I'll keep an eye out for things that might interest me. That makes it easier to give criticism I'm new to this thing so i don't know whats great or what isnt but to be honest, i would prefer negative criticism on my videos than no criticism at all (just as long as people arent going out of there way to be negative because they dislike my video) because it lets me improve on things that i didnt otherwise know about. I now have an idea of what to do and what not to do. When joining a forum rules are the first thing i look for as when i was a bit younger, i often unintentionally broke rules because i wasnt aware of them. But that all seems to be sorted now, Thanks.
    Last edited by Shockwave.EXE; 02-23-2012 at 08:49 PM.

3. Default

Hello,

I am Alex and i am from USA and i want to make more and more videos

Hi Everyone!

I'm sphinooccipital from across the pond and I just found this forum. I've been making videos rather intermittently for just under 2 years now--it's mostly just a way to entertain family and friends, but I thought I'd like to improve my skills a bit so I joined here! I generally work with various forms of parody, and I'm definitely still quite an amateur. I look forward to watching people's stuff and learning from all of you!

My name is Bernard, i am from Fernandina Beach,Florida, i am fairly new to video editing been doin a little for about 2 years,and just recently purchased, the vegas movie studio pro.i am here to get the wisdom of those who do this well and have more insight about editing. what is even more interesting is getting the software and skill to apply special effects that i may have in my head, that may not be in a software's system... like if i wanted to get implement a globe and make it spin, how would i do that?? Those sort of things.

Hi,
    I'm Melany from Seattle, WA. I am very very new to video editiong, and only created my first simple video this weekend (using Movie Maker). I am hoping to meet cool people, get feedback and learn new tricks to improve and create better videos (and one day, when I'm good enough I'm hoping to start being helpful as well to others ^^). Nice to meet you all
    - Mel

Blog Entries

Hi Mel, and welcome.
    Are your videos going to show us just how foxy you are or will we just have to use our imagination
    In all seriousness, please don't hesitate to comment on other people's films. You don't need to be an accomplished film maker - just capable of putting into words what worked for you and what didn't so long as you make some attempt at explaining why.
    Tim

Hey guys, my name is ayman and. I am wanting to learn video editing. I am experimenting and learning to add special effects to my videos. I haven't so much equipment , But try ........! I have been editing videos ad to learn more.Anyone have any idea to give me......

I hope to learn a lot on this forum and look forward............

Noob here! My name is Keres and i am very interested in learning video editing. I'm hoping someone can help me out because I have a good amount of questions to ask. I know that everyone has their opinions but I wanted to get an idea of what are the best video editing softwares out there. I"m somewhat familiar with Adobe Premiere, if that helps, but I do not have my own copy and I haven't tinkered with premiere in years. I'm interested in making AMV's and music videos with games. *I have my heart set on making a very sweet fatal frame video* If someone who has the time can help me out I'd love to listen and hear what I need to do. Thanks again and I look forward to chatting with you!!

Hi there!!

I am quite new to this forum and to film making also. Originally I come from producing audio, recording drums, composing and the like. If you have any questions concerning these issues I am open to help you.
    But now I am here to find out more about making films, especially my own music videos and all I have got is a poor mac software (iMovie), a canon 500D which can record hd videos and my iPhone....of course there are great high end mics in my recording kit but that's the story from above.
    I am looking forward to getting great advice about software and hardware products. Should I get final cut or another software and the like....

And I hope to be able to contributing great ideas to this community.

Cheers from Hamburg!
    KenAudio

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast