Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself - part two

Hi all, Im 23 from south Australia.
    I started editing video about a year ago while working for a pro wrestling company. I've since fallen in love with it and am determined to learn everything there is to learn.
    I mainly used Sony Vegas, however recently my pc started dying and am reduced to using powerdirector 9.:(

Hey there!
    Im a girl from NL spending loads of time in Finland...
    I found the site randomly and thought it may be useful in the search of the right techniques to execute all the great ideas I have in my head.

Hi All,

Just found this site so joined and thought I would introduce myself. I am 27 and I am a cameraman by trade but quite new the DSLR revolution (as people call it). I work in promo video production but my real passion is creating short narrative based films for festivals etc. I'm the first to admit I still have loads to learn and these forums look like a pretty good place to discuss, so hello all

4. Default

Hello Everyone....

I've just moved over from Photography and am currently just starting with regards to film making..... some of the equipment that I do have at the minute is

1) Sony A1E Camcorder
    2) Nikon D90 DSLR
    3) Zoom H2 (Sound Recorder)
    4) Hauge Pan / Tilt Power Head
    5) AMD Phenom x 6 1055t processor computer

Thanks

Newbie Strober aka Gareth

www.strober.co.uk / www.strobegun.co.uk

Hey I'm Dave. I'm a bedroom music producer working in IT, but I really like movies too ( I watch about 3 movies a day) and would like to work on projects for others or myself to learn what I can and make some cool stuff.

I am up for learning about or helping out with anything : Video Editing / Script writing / Camera work / Sound /Music / Acting / Character Voices/ CGI bluescreen stunt stuff.

My profile has a long bio with all my background in it , if anyone has the time to read it.

you can check my music here: DamonBreakz's sounds on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

If anyone is up for making videos for my stuff or wants to use the music please get in touch

Thanks

Dave H.

nice one. Do you have anything online? I am also using the Galaxy S2 =)

My friends who are musicians did a pretty awesome music video with an I-Phone : Hijack Da Bass - Da Deaf - YouTube
    so I am hoping to copy them and do my own vids to an equal standard =)

Dave

Hi everyone. I'm from London and new to video editing and I'm also new to this forum since i require help with some video editing stuff because i've tried everything and its driving me crazy. Before i start, are their any rules or anything that i should look at first? Just so i know what NOT to do.

Thanks =)
    Last edited by Shockwave.EXE; 02-24-2012 at 11:00 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shockwave.EXE View Post
    Hi everyone. I'm new to this forum since i require help with some video editing stuff because i've tried everything and its driving me crazy. Before i start, are their any rules or anything that i should look at first? Just so i know what NOT to do.

Thanks =)
    Hi shockwave.exe and welcome,

Broadly speaking any rules we have are posted as "stickies" at the top of their individual sections. Note in particular the stickies in the User Vids section - criticism can be harsh (but is usually well considered and useful) and we onlly like one video per thread there.

If you just want people to look at your films but not comment - post in the Pimp the Link section (this doesn't necessarily prevent people commenting, but it's not really meant for discussion.

Post your comment/link in only one section - users who post their video in several sections are likely to be banned. If you really think a link to a vid needs linking to from more than one section, post it in the most appropriate and link to that thread (rather than the video)

Check out the sub-sections of the user vids - if you're editing footage you've nicked of the internet/ripped from DVDs please put it in Fan Videos rather than the main section. Ditto for edited Game Footage. If you're just testing out FX put those in that section.

Aside from that, you are expected to join in the conversations. Your critical analysis of other people's work is encouraged - you may be new to making videos but you've had a lifetime of watching them. Most of us make films to be watched by the general public, not film buffs!

Criticise people's work by all means but please do not insult people on a personal level. Also keep the language tame. Youngsters get involved in making films too.

Sounds like a lot of rules doesn't it? Basically if you're a good egg and respect others as you'd expect them to respect you, you won't go far wrong and if you do you'll be politely corrected.

Most of all, enjoy the forum.
    Tim

Hey all!

My name is Christian and I just joined the forums. I do a bit of acting, singing, writing and now hopefully producing. I have a dozen ideas and projects I am hoping to develop while still trying to keep my sanity. I also hope to give and receive feedback on anything or everything!

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Hi shockwave.exe and welcome,

Broadly speaking any rules we have are posted as "stickies" at the top of their individual sections. Note in particular the stickies in the User Vids section - criticism can be harsh (but is usually well considered and useful) and we onlly like one video per thread there.

If you just want people to look at your films but not comment - post in the Pimp the Link section (this doesn't necessarily prevent people commenting, but it's not really meant for discussion.

Post your comment/link in only one section - users who post their video in several sections are likely to be banned. If you really think a link to a vid needs linking to from more than one section, post it in the most appropriate and link to that thread (rather than the video)

Check out the sub-sections of the user vids - if you're editing footage you've nicked of the internet/ripped from DVDs please put it in Fan Videos rather than the main section. Ditto for edited Game Footage. If you're just testing out FX put those in that section.

Aside from that, you are expected to join in the conversations. Your critical analysis of other people's work is encouraged - you may be new to making videos but you've had a lifetime of watching them. Most of us make films to be watched by the general public, not film buffs!

Criticise people's work by all means but please do not insult people on a personal level. Also keep the language tame. Youngsters get involved in making films too.

Sounds like a lot of rules doesn't it? Basically if you're a good egg and respect others as you'd expect them to respect you, you won't go far wrong and if you do you'll be politely corrected.

Most of all, enjoy the forum.
    A lot of rules? Maybe but sounds more than reasonable. Just one thing, Criticise peoples work by all means? Is that a rule? I'm new to this thing, does that mean i should go out of my way to look for and criticise peoples work? And you mention Pimping my link if i want views, i did come here just for help and getting better at video editing but that sounds good, if i had a lot of videos and posted the links would that count as spam. I'm just trying to understand the forum better so i know what to do and what not to do.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast