Thread: Premiere Elements Preview Monitor Problem

Default Premiere Elements Preview Monitor Problem

I have been using Premiere Elements to edit my video's and have a problem with the divergence between the appearance of the image on the Premiere Elements preview monitor and the image when burned to DVD and shown on my TV or projected onto a screen. During the editing process many images appear darker than they are when burned to DVD and played on a normal TV. This makes editing adjustment to picture quality a problem becuase in Elements you cannot see a true representation of what the image will look like. I would like to adjust the appearance of the image in the Premiere Elements preview monitor so it is more acurate but do not want to play around with the main monitor settings as this will effect all applications. Is there a way of just adjusting the Premiere Elements preview monitor or is there another way around this. I am sure this problem must be quite common and don't know what to do. Please can anyone help?

does your computers graphic card and version of elements support dual screen output ?

if so maybe connect your TV and use it as a preview monitor ?

Yes images will be slightly different when you do that, but generally if you picture looks good on the monitor it will "be ok" on TV.

Is your PC monitor over-exposed with the brightness settings? Have a look!

My version of Premiere Elements is version 4 and I am not sure if my graphics card can support dual screen. I will upgrade to Elements version 10 but please can you recommend a graphics card that will support dual screen. I use Window Vista on my PC. Thanks for your help.

Will do but the effect of changing the brightness appears to overexpose everything else on the PC. So far the only solution to this is to burn a DVD after every adjustment and play it on the TV. Not the most efficient solution.