Thread: a few of my latest vids

Default a few of my latest vids

here are a few new videos (last few months or so)

http://chrisvalentines.com/projects/cmt.html
    http://chrisvalentines.com/projects/tsunami.html
    http://chrisvalentines.com/projects/ptpage.html
    http://www.illumeffects.com/sts107/c..._disasters.wmv

and these two are older, but I've smoothed them out a bit in the last several weeks-
    http://chrisvalentines.com/projects/USpageintro.html

thanks for checking them out!

chris

Very impressed with what you have achieved.
    I have just recently got into video editing and am hooked, I just want to know what software are you using?
    Some of the crossfade and zoom features are smart.

Premiere 1.5 and Paintshop Pro are my main tools, Photoshop some of the time. On a PC 3ghz

Just watched the Challenger vid. Nice treatment, highly emotive, obviously.

Not quite as charged up as the vids you posted on the other board. I think occasionally, you've carried on too long. But still beautifully done.

Haven't time to download the others, I'll watch them later tonight.

Having seen two others, I think I prefer your happier stuff. This emotional soul-searching is powerful, and can sometimes become just a little overbearing.

Can't fault your technique, though. Great finesse and an eye for fine detail, I love moving montage, it's what A/V shows are all about.

After seeing these, I've now got a clearer idea of how much I need to improve. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by tone33
    Just watched the Challenger vid. Nice treatment, highly emotive, obviously.

Not quite as charged up as the vids you posted on the other board. I think occasionally, you've carried on too long. But still beautifully done.

Haven't time to download the others, I'll watch them later tonight.
    If you're referring to the Challenger/Columbia Dual disaster vid... that was a commissioned piece. I did pad it out a bit and it gets redundant. It could stand a little trimming.

The Challenger only video is just the b roll for the piece to appease folks looking for Challenger video.

Having seen two others, I think I prefer your happier stuff. This emotional soul-searching is powerful, and can sometimes become just a little overbearing.

Can't fault your technique, though. Great finesse and an eye for fine detail, I love moving montage, it's what A/V shows are all about.

After seeing these, I've now got a clearer idea of how much I need to improve. Thanks.
    I'll have some new stuff showing up on my side most certainly within a week. I'm want to bring out more highlight on the luma/green screen keying. That is where you separate the picture into elements, tweak one or both of the two layers differently. I haven't brought out the virtually created depth illusion enough, by having the 2 layered images POV perspectives be zoomed or panned at slightly diferent rates or angles.

Thanks for taking the time...and the critiques.

My pleasure.

Would you care to elaborate on the luma/green screen keying you've used - without giving away your own secrets? All I've ever done is use camera view, distort and perspective, all with keyframed motion. (Hint hint.)

My pleasure.

Would you care to elaborate on the luma/green screen keying you've used - without giving away your own secrets? All I've ever done is use camera view, distort and perspective, all with keyframed motion. (Hint hint.)
    Sorry I haven't been around for awhile.

Wow, hard to write out all the different luma/green keying things I do. I'm sure none of them are anything new.

The main staple is to recognize certain photos that are conducive to keying effects. Then taking the time to select /separate the foreground and background. Wipe out the background to Green on one copy, blur (as an example) the background on another or you could get artsy with the selected background with brushstrokes or what not. THen do 2 or 3 or 4 layers of the same picture, copy the attributes (pans and zooms) and key between. It's really hard to explain with ME getting lost in explaining. I'm a terrible teacher anyway. Half the time I don't even know how I acheived a certain look...somehow I just get there. Basically, I spend a ton of time in the graphics programs doing prep work, before I even get to the NL video editing work.

Hope you got this reply tone33 and feel free to email chris@chrisvalentines.com