Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Video contest

Default First Video contest

This is a video from the first contest I have ever entered. Please keep in mind when viewing that I only had 1 day to shoot, edit, and get my stuff together because I didn't know I couldn't enter in till the day before. I am not a video expert on quality or technical stuff yet so that is why it looks the way it does....but I love lots of critiscism so lay it down.... nothing is to low( just not too degrading) because after all I DO want to learn how to do things right! Thanks for your time.
    Hope the quality is better on this one...couldnt get it down to an exact 5 megs so the quality suffers there...but tell me your opinions.
    Check out my video editing blog at http://editwars.blogspot.com/

\"My idea of effective planning is lunch\"

Your vid was wierd but watchable. Viewed it to the end which for me is unusual. With a similar style plus a story could be compelling viewing. Keep at it Manafest.

Thanks Shiner...could you go more into depth why you thought it was wierd?
    I just need to know so I can take more stuff into consideration when making other videos. Thanks for the reply!

Manafest:

Watched several times to try to get the heart of the message from the begining and have to admit I guess I am missing something. Maybe because it is difficult to hear the speaking parts on this particular computer. I would'nt say it is weird so much as an interesting interpretation that I would like to hear expanded on if you can. Fully understand the ending but just not possitive about the beginning. Liked the editing and usage of media as well as the music. Keep up the good work.

Scooter
    AMD Athlon 3200
    Asus A7N8X Dlux
    ATI Video
    1 Gig Mem
    Windows XP Pro
    2 Seagate ATA 160 Gig HD,1 Maxtor 120 Gig HD
    Sony DRU-510 DVD/CD Burner
    Viewsonic 19\"LCD
    Pinnacle 10 PlusMediaSuite
    PremierPro 1.5 Suite
    Sony HVR-A1U 1080i HDV Camcorder

Thanks for the response scooter...as far as the beginning goes it was just to throw people off...because of my time limits I didn't really develop the storyline and I really wasn't to worried in this competition because it was based more on use of effects and filters....but I DO know what you mean about the story it is underdeveloped in the beginning... thanks agian for the comments...its always a learning process.

Isnt the theme of the video red? It was very interesting but i didnt see much that had to do with red...

Quote Originally Posted by moldytoaster
    Isnt the theme of the video red? It was very interesting but I didnt see much that had to do with red...
    He said it was the first video he had ever entered for a contest. He didn't say he had entered it in the 'Red' contest on this forum

Even though the beginning does start out "red" no this is not for the contest here on the forums. This was a LOCAL based contest

Quote Originally Posted by Manafest
    Even though the beginning does start out "red" no this is not for the contest here on the forums. This was a LOCAL based contest
    sorry, my mistake...

good video...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moldytoaster
    sorry, my mistake...

good video...
    I'm normally the worst one for mis-reading people's posts!

Manafest, I seem to remember you looking for a host for you videos (looking at your blog reminded me!) Have you seen the new google video hosting? Might be just what you're looking for (but take a look at the fine print!)

="from your blog"]I learned the basic do's and don'ts of editing and still was able to create great video
    Amen to that! I've always said you can't buy talent (but if you find a place that sells it, get me a few gallons!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast