Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Video studio 8 capture without splitting video?

Default Video studio 8 capture without splitting video?

I am not very good at putting this into words. My husband captured a DVD onto VS8 of a band performing live - they wanted him to edit into a dvd they could send out...you know how it splits up into many thumbnails and then you can move them to the timeline to edit? Well, he wanted one song they performed to run continuously but it was split into three scenes. When he put them together, there is a little glichy thing at the spot the scenes were split.

Does that make sense and can someone please help me!

Blog Entries

There should be an option to turn off automatic scene detection. I'm sure Purejammy will be along soon to tell you exactly how to do it

Sorry about the delay (I have been abroad for a few days).

A couple of points worth noting on this one,

1. Just my opinion, but I always got a better feeling of control using the Multi-Trim Video option rather than the Split by Scene option. Using this you simply use the F2 and F4 keys to set the start and end point of each scen you require.

2. If you are having glitches on yor scene jumps check that your hard disk is thoroughly defragmented before renderingyour final movie. And check that your output settings are correctly set to DVD compliant Mpeg.

3. If you need any more detailed instructions please feel free to post back.

Meantime good luck.

COMPAQ something or other with 500Gb Boot Disk, 1Tb external Firewire Disk, 4Gb Memory and a super duper sound card, 19" TFT Monitor etc etc etc
    Sony TRV33e : Sony TRV310e : Canon XM2
    Sony Vegas Studio editions to v11

Remember, there is always more to learn than there is to teach.

If you like you can simply turn off the scene detection mode and then run the scenes on the timeline and break them where you like.

5. Default

You turn the split files on capture on and off in the Preferences menu.

Blog Entries

I always capture in one big chunk - am I weird?

Blog Entries

Mark, some of your videos suggest that you may, indeed, be weird but capturing in one large chunk doesn't necessarily make you so. I have a friend who does the same.

I can see only one potential benefit in doing so. It does force you to watch (or at least scan through) everything you've recorded and thus you may just hit upon a jem in the middle of a section which may otherwise be immediately discarded.

Perhaps it makes you feel more "at one" with the content, in the same way that most golfers given the option would sooner walk around a course than use a buggy.
    Tim

hello, I've got the opposite problem - when I capture DV it comes in as one long clip. Where abouts on the preferences can you set it to split the video into scenes? I've a had a look and couldn't spot anything obvious...
    thanks

9. Default

It is the first check box on the CAPtURE flag in the preferences IN THE CAPTURE APPLICATION (ie VidCap). Also it does not work if you have not set the clock time in your camera.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Mark, some of your videos suggest that you may, indeed, be weird but capturing in one large chunk doesn't necessarily make you so. I have a friend who does the same.

I can see only one potential benefit in doing so. It does force you to watch (or at least scan through) everything you've recorded and thus you may just hit upon a jem in the middle of a section which may otherwise be immediately discarded.

Perhaps it makes you feel more "at one" with the content, in the same way that most golfers given the option would sooner walk around a course than use a buggy.
    I think you may be right Tim. I feel out of control when I have a zillion clips seemingly arragned at random on the t line.

I also think it is good discipline to watch ALL you have shot when capturing - then watching it ALL again immediatly after capturing -then do it again - twice - after a nice cup of tea.

I really think it is a good idea to get all your raw in your head befor you start - also the reason I cant get too excited by people going on about how great hdrive and card cameras are.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast