Thread: Just a small project :)

Default Just a small project :)

Hey everyone!

I'm pretty new here, but I've been working on a kind of montage film, just putting together something that will remind me and my family of our lovely dog, when we're not so fortunate to have her around.

I didn't want to make it all sad and gloomy, because that's not who my dog is - she's lively, fun and bouncy

This is Just a short demo. I still need to do some more filming (it's just hard getting the right weather atm).

Thank you for watching, hope you like it! I have a few more videos from various uni and family projects on my Vimeo, so feel free to check them out, too

Take Care!
    Joe
    Last edited by iJoey; 11-19-2011 at 10:39 AM.

I like it, you seem to have captured her lively personality. I preferred the beginning of the video as I got the impression towards the end you were trying to hard to make it interesting, with the effects you put on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I like it, you seem to have captured her lively personality. I preferred the beginning of the video as I got the impression towards the end you were trying to hard to make it interesting, with the effects you put on it.
    Thank you

Unfortunately, yes, I did kind of run out of the nicer shots, and I had to find a way to jazz the other ones up a bit. Hopefully, though, when I get the opportunity to shoot some more footage, I can possibly replace those other ones, or at least thin them out over the course of the film

Blog Entries

Midnight will tell you I'm not a fan of doggie films - at least for a general audience - but I do undertsand why people would want to make them for their own viewing pleasure/memories.
    I actually think Midnight has been a bit soft on you. When Tisi has gone, you'll want to look back on her for what she is (you even say that in your original post). She is not someone who jumps through the air in slow motion or goes alternately forwards and in reverse. I think you'll come to regret the effects. You don't need to liven it up. Just choose the shots carefully. Her personality should shine through anyway. Hopefully you'll not delete the original footage.
    Tim