Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 720 x 480

Default 720 x 480

I don't understand this. My daughter just created a project in Premiere Pro that includes .avi files and titles. All of her imported .avi files are 720 x 576. When I try to import the exported/rendered files into Encore, it tells me it can't because imported files must have a resolution of 720 x 576 or 704 x 576. I check on the .avi files and they've been exported/encoded as 720 x 480. I notice this is the resolution of the Premiere titles. Has the whole exported .avi file defaulted to the resolution of the titles - or has she screwed up some other way? If the former, how do you change the resolution of a title?
    Premiere Pro, Encore, Photoshop, Ulead VS6, WXP Pro, Core 2 Duo, 2GB, 2 x 250GB SATA3 drives, 2 x 250GB USB 2 external drive, DVD writer, GeForce 7300 GS 256MB

The biggest fool can ask questions that the wisest man cannot answer...

Blog Entries

She's exported as NTSC?

Ah, let me check...
    Premiere Pro, Encore, Photoshop, Ulead VS6, WXP Pro, Core 2 Duo, 2GB, 2 x 250GB SATA3 drives, 2 x 250GB USB 2 external drive, DVD writer, GeForce 7300 GS 256MB

Yup! Well spotted Marc. So how did the silly wench manage that then? (rhet...)

Blog Entries

Because she didn't read the manual .

Almost certainly. Jess 'intuits' - and mostly, she does it bloody well. You should see this party political broadcast she just put together for school. If you can see your way past her politics, it's very impressive for a couple of evenings' work and an afternoon shooting footage in Wellingborough.

Blog Entries

Sounds like she's dangerously close to being better than you. Can your ego handle that?

On a more serious note, I hope you encourage her and above all praise her. My recent imaginate video (posted in the user videos section) was met with, "doesn't show off the pictures very well" from my dad. Got the same when I was a Kid! "An 'A'? Could have done better". Er, no, I couldn't.

She is better than me. First, she has imagination. Second, she's happy to experiment and doesn't care if she screws up. In this current project, she showed me how she'd achieved some of the effects - and they're not the way it says to do it in the manual... It's great to have an interest we share - we show each other stuff we've done. I'm still the Encore guru, and just got myself an After Effects training course in an attempt to get two steps ahead of her... Only problem is, she has an offer from Oxford of AAB to read law at Wadham, and there are things she should be doing other than being Conservative candidate in the school mock election and creating party political broadcasts...

Blog Entries

Such as being the Labour candidate.

Hmmmm - only if she's planning on leaving home really soon... Came home the other evening to find her having coffee and biscuits with the prospective local Tory MP and his campaign manager. Whatever happened to the idealism of youth?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast